We help our guests choose from varied itineraries those routes which allow them to soak up the atmosphere, visit ancient heritage sites, immerse themselves in the exotic mountain culture and experience a different way of life. We go the extra mile to ensure that those who travel with us receive nothing less than the best service and feel a sense of comfort as they become a part of our family.
We’ve been around long enough to know our clients’ needs, expectations and what it takes to pull off the trip of a lifetime! No matter what your idea of the perfect adventure trip is, Ace the Himalaya will leave no stone unturned to help you get the most out of this exotic country.
We employ a large number of dedicated and professional staff from administration, guides, and porters to airport representatives. They are all locals and each of them is employed on a full time basis with Ace the Himalaya. Our journeys offer great value for money. We encourage you to evaluate the quality and inclusions that our holidays offer and you will discover that Ace the Himalaya really does supply the ultimate adventure experience.
Our trip prices are more reasonable compared to those of many larger companies. It is not because we sacrifice our service level. Many international companies will take anything from one third to three quarters of trip profits. By being 100% locally operated we are able to keep our prices reasonable and all trip proceeds support the local economy directly.
Ace the Himalaya greatly cares for the health and safety of our clients as well as the team. All our staff members are insured. For our clients’ health and safety, we give priority to everything – from hygienic food to high altitude sickness cure; from first aid to helicopter rescue.
Ace the Himalaya’s team are fully trained in the following health and safety aspects:
- First aid procedures.
- Safety on the mountains.
- High altitude sickness – Precautions & Cure.
- Monitoring all aspects of government polices and weather that may affect your trip.
- 24/7 communication (Mobile and Satellite Phone).
- Helicopter evacuation when it’s really critical.
- Ensuring that fresh, hygienically prepared food is served to the clients on treks. Also ensure that clients with any particular diet requirements or food allergies are catered to.
Leading small groups contributes to the organization of our tours in a productive way. You are guaranteed that while traveling with our team you are made to feel like one of our family.
- We are attentive to your individual needs.
- We are able to answer any questions while trekking and touring in Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan and India.
- Each of our trips includes some free/leisure time that allows you to spend it as you wish.
- All our groups are smaller which avoids making a negative impact on the environment.
Our dedicated team are always at hand to make certain that every aspect of your journey is pleasurable and memorable. The following are just some of the ways that we try to enhance your experience.
- International standard of service.
- Flexibility to accommodate any requirements.
- Friendly and helpful staff.
- Hassle free airport transfers (pick up and drop off services).
- We build strong partnerships with our service providers to ensure quality.
- We use local leaders, guides and porters on all our tours and treks. They will enrich your experience by sharing nuggets of information which only locals can provide.
Since 2012, we have been receiving the ‘Certificate of Excellence’ award from TripAdvisor.com. Our services usually receive a ‘five star’ (excellent) from this forum of independent travelers.
Click on the images to view the certificates of excellence awarded by TripAdvisor.com to Ace the Himalaya.
Certificate of Excellence 2012
Certificate of Excellence 2013
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Certificate of Excellence 2015
Certificate of Excellence 2016
Certificate of Excellence 2017
You can also read reviews posted by our clients on Tour Radar: http://www.tourradar.com/ace-the-himalaya#reviews,
and on BookMundi at https://www.bookmundi.com/companies/ace-the-himalaya/c108
Most of our popular trips have the guaranteed departure dates in basis of small group but if our fixed departure dates are not convenient to your need you have the option of Private departure by selecting your own convenient date. These type of departure is best suited for couples, families and for those looking for a private trip. We can organize private tours for all types of group and individual. Our standard tour itineraries are also available as private departures.
If you are not able to find the perfect tour from our website then why not let our dedicated sales staff help you? With years of experience in organizing tours our experts can adjust and design itineraries to suit your specific needs.
We’ll provide individual quotes based upon your itinerary, requirements, time of travel, budget and group size and help you with any group briefings during the planning stage.
Your entire holiday is designed around your requirements. Explore your interests at your own speed. Select your preferred style of accommodation and create the perfect trip with the help of our specialists.
Ace the Himalaya appreciates the hard work that our guides and porters puts into each trip to make it successful. Without them no trip would be possible. Therefore we follow the Guide and Porter Policy to ensure the working conditions of our guides and porters are of a humane and fair standard. We request you to follow our guidelines for ethical trekking and treat them with compassion and respect.
- All our guides and porters receive medical coverage care when ill or injured.
- We provide basic accommodation to our guides and porters, with tents and/or sleeping gear during the trek.
- We have insurance policies for each of our employees.
- We provide appropriate clothing for each season and altitude, ensuring protection from cold, rain and snow. This means windproof jackets, trousers, fleece jackets, long johns, suitable footwear, socks, hat, gloves and sunglasses.
- We never overload our porters, for us it’s not all about making money.
- We thrive on being able to employ local people.
We support Porters’ Progress Nepal, an organization that oversees the welfare of porters and guides. Click to view the certificate.
Responsible tourism is very much imperative as it becomes a responsibility of each and every individual within the tourism sector. We encourage programs and frequently participate and initiate clean up campaigns to promote awareness as well as maintain a clean and healthy living environment. We as a responsible organisation have been conducting various community support and welfare programs. Click the link to know more about our Corporate Social Responsiblity.
Our green practices continue to deliver improved ways of traveling by minimizing our impact on the environment. With each and every one of our treks or tours we are always conscious of the impact that we have on the environment and limit our group numbers to a maximum of 15 at any one time.
Here are just a few main environmental policies that we follow:
- Use of energy saving CFL bulbs at our office. After office hours, all power sources are switched off.
- Minimizing the use of paper by using soft copies for official communications as much as possible and creating online brochures and e-newsletters.
- Use liquefied petroleum gas(LPG) for cooking and heating purposes to protect the forest while camping. This eliminates wood fires and reduces gas emissions.
- Rubbish is placed in bins provided, unless at high altitudes where the rubbish is disposed at the nearest facility, whether in a town or in a hotel.
- Trekkers and tour groups are advised to remove unnecessary packaging and store items in reusable containers.
- Make sure that water sources(creeks and rivers) are not polluted by throwing rubbish.
- Advising clients to use water containers for boiled/treated water instead of buying bottled water while trekking in remote areas and at high altitudes.
We belkieve in giving back to the society. As part of our Corporate Social responsibility a part of our profit goes towards funding the projects of a non-profit organization called Sambhav Nepal. We have helped build schools, toilets, libraries and community drinking water facilities for areas in the Gorkha district hit by the devastating 2015 earthquake. After the major earthquake on 25th April 2015, Ace the Himalaya together with Rotary International has taken the initiative to help victims by donating food, aluminum roof sheets, blankets, building temporary shelters and rebuilding homes .
Up to 10% of Ace’s annual revenue goes directly towards Sambhav’s projects, including maintenance of school buildings, building toilets and drinking water facilities, sponsoring the education of students from disadvantaged backgrounds etc. in Nepal’s remote villages. For more information, visit www.sambhavnepal.org
We were also part of the cause, ‘ALTITUDE FOR AUTISM 2012’ which undertook an expedition to Island Peak (6187 meters/20298ft), in the Everest region. The climb was organized to raise funds for children with Autism in Australia and was led by Danny Jackson, an Australian national.
Certificates received by Ace the Himalaya for its support to the community.
We are also engaged in programs to help the poor and deserving children of remote areas of Nepal get quality education. To know more about the program please check the link: Child Sponsorship Program