Paragliding in Nepal (Pokhara) - 1 Day
Paragliding in Pokhara is one of top places in the world to experience flying. Using Sarangkot as a take off area gliders get incredible views of city.
- Scenic view of Phewa lake and the beautiful Pokhara city.
- Aerial view of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri Range.
- Best scenery on earth, as you share airspace with Himalayan griffin vultures, eagles, and kites.
Paragliding in Nepal gives an opportunity for an aerial view of the Himalayan ranges. This trip will take you over some of the best scenery on earth, as you share airspace with Himalayan griffin vultures, eagles, kites and float over villages, monasteries, temples, lakes and jungle, with a fantastic view of the majestic Himalayas. Pokhara, the beautiful lakeside town at the foot of the Annapurna Mountains, offers paragliding services. The best season is from October through April.
You will be picked up in a private tourist vehicle usually in the morning time to the site at Sarangkot from where you can see three of the highest mountains in the world, Dhaulagiri, Annapurna and Manasalu, all over 8000 m. Then, you will be ready to fly in the sky with a qualified pilot. Your pilot will guide you to the thermals during your flight. Along the way, you can also notice and enjoy the wild birds of prey, including the huge Himalayan Griffon Vulture, Egyptian Vultures, Golden Eagles, many species of falcon, and numerous kites, who will join you in your flight.
The Paragliding trip goes for 20-30 mins and 40-60 mins (you can choose as per your interest).
For 20-30 mins flight: USD 70 per person
For 40-60 mins flight: USD 125 per person
This trip is suitable before and after your trips especially if your itinerary consists of a stay at Pokhara. You can also extend your trip to include paragliding in your spare days. It is suggested you discuss this at the time of your booking so we can arrange it as per your schedule. The pick-up time in the morning will be informed to you a day before. Please note that pick-ups and drop-offs are only done if your hotel is located lakeside. Else, an extra amount will be charged.
Departures & Availability
Our groups are small with maximum 14 people. We create groups of independent travelers, friends and families which maintains close interpersonal connection, engage more and get into depth of the journey. Choose a date from the calendar to reserve your spot.
We do not have fixed departure date for this trip. This trip can only be organized upon your request. There is an option of private and tailor-made journey best suited for you, your family and friends. We have price discounts according to the group size, the bigger your group, the bigger your group discounts.
Pick up & drops by tourist vehicle from hotel
All permits and entrance fees for paragliding
Photo and video of your flight (which will be provided to you via E-mail)
- The required number of ground staff during the tour like Driver, Helpers etc.
- All administrative expenses and government taxes
Tourist service charges
Items of personal Interest
- Tips for hostess and driver. (Tipping is expected).
- Any expenses other than the Price Include section
Trip Map / ElevationDownload
These full and frank reviews are from travelers who have traveled with Ace the Himalaya previously. The reviews and experiences shown here are from reputable travel websites like TripAdvisor, Google, Facebook, and Trust Pilot, etc.
What makes this trip different ?
Our CSR with Sambhav Nepal
- Ace the Himalaya believes in giving back to the communities that surround and support tourism in Nepal. Ace provides logistical support and, if needed, cash donations to the projects of Sambhav Nepal (a local NGO).
- Sambhav Nepal and Ace work together to plan volunteer programs that will bring in foreign volunteers and make use of their enthusiasm, time, and talents in a variety of projects.
Sustainability and Responsible Tourism
- Of the few Travelife Partners in Nepal, Ace the Himalaya is one. We respect the procedures for sustainable tourism. Our excursions are socially and environmentally conscious, leaving the lowest possible impact in the Himalayas.
- About 80% of Ace the Himalaya’s staff members are natives of the regions where our trips are organized. It is one of our sustainable and responsible efforts to help local communities, support small businesses, and promote regional culture and way of life.