One Day Biking Trip – Kathmandu - 1 Day
This biking tour to Kathmandu valley will offer you the best and amazing day tour experience for all levels of riders.
- Discover the magic and mystery of Kathmandu.
- Guided Biking Trip in & around Kathmandu.
- Explore the rugged terrain on Mountain Bike.
- Colorful array of bustling streets, historic sites, exquisite temples, and religious sites.
Unlike any other city, Kathmandu Valley offers varied levels of cycling trails. Whether it is a full-day climbing or single-track exploration inside the National Park, there’s an option for them all. This biking tour to Kathmandu Valley will take you to an elevation of 2,200 m, passing through the picturesque Newari villages, and traditional farms.
Not only that you’ll also be enjoying a stunning view of the Himalayas, the dense forest, National Parks, and many kilometers of rambling single tracks through rice filed and local villages. This one-day biking trail is the perfect fit for everyone who loves to explore the valley on wheels.
Among the many biking routes in and around Kathmandu Valley few of them are listed below. You can choose anyone you see fit. We can also help you choose the best route as per your schedule during booking and set an itinerary combining a few routes to give you the best mountain biking experience in Kathmandu.
The tour cost includes an English-speaking guide, a mountain bike, and a helmet. You can also extend your trip to Pokhara, Chitwan, and many other beautiful places.
Some Biking Routes in Kathmandu
This trail is perfect for beginners and within easy reach from Thamel. You only need half a day for this ride as it takes about 3 to 4 hours to complete this trail and be back at your hotel.
This technical ride, which takes about 5 to 6 hours, starts from Kathmandu, heads to Budhanilkantha and then to Kapan, and returns back to your hotel in Kathmandu. The route goes through two Buddhist monasteries. If you are interested and have time, you can visit the gompas (monasteries)and interact with nuns and monks.
Jamacho is another day biking route within easy reach from Thamel but harder than Mudhkhu-Tokha Trail. This moderate ride takes you on a 21-km winding road to the top of Nagarjun Hill (2,128 m) inside Shivapuri National Park. The top viewpoint offers some amazing views. It takes about 5 to 6 hours to complete.
Phulchowki trail takes you on a ride to one of the highest points in Kathmandu at 2600 m. The trails run down through forests and farms with a few test jumps at the top of the hill. The amazing downhill ride is becoming a popular destination for mountain biking in Kathmandu.
You can choose the biking route of your choice as you see fit. We can also help you choose the best route as per your schedule during booking. Each biking route includes 3-5 hours of the ride.
Apart from the above-mentioned trails, there are numerous other trails in and around Kathmandu that we can discuss with your biking guide during booking if you are interested. We can also create an itinerary combining a few routes to give you the best mountain biking experience in Kathmandu.
Departures & Availability
Our groups are small with maximum 14 people. We create groups of independent travelers, friends and families which maintains close interpersonal connection, engage more and get into depth of the journey. Choose a date from the calendar to reserve your spot.
We do not have fixed departure date for this trip. This trip can only be organized upon your request. There is an option of private and tailor-made journey best suited for you, your family and friends. We have price discounts according to the group size, the bigger your group, the bigger your group discounts. We allow complete flexibility on your departure date, please choose your preferable date.
- Experienced, first-aid trained, government licensed, English-speaking Ace the Himalaya's trekking guide
International brand bikes and helmet (The brands include Cube, Trek and Giant hardtail or full-suspension bikes, depending on your choice)
- Entry permits and fees for all temples, parks, monasteries, and cultural and historical sites.
Support vehicle for the emergency use only
Meals, Alcoholic drinks and cold drinks.
Items of a personal nature.
Tips for Guide and Driver (Tipping is expected).
Trip Map / ElevationDownload
These full and frank reviews are from travelers who have traveled with Ace the Himalaya previously. The reviews and experiences shown here are from reputable travel websites like TripAdvisor, Google, Facebook, and Trust Pilot, etc.
What makes this trip different ?
Our CSR with Sambhav Nepal
- Ace the Himalaya believes in giving back to the communities that surround and support tourism in Nepal. Ace provides logistical support and, if needed, cash donations to the projects of Sambhav Nepal (a local NGO).
- Sambhav Nepal and Ace work together to plan volunteer programs that will bring in foreign volunteers and make use of their enthusiasm, time, and talents in a variety of projects.
Sustainability and Responsible Tourism
- Of the few Travelife Partners in Nepal, Ace the Himalaya is one. We respect the procedures for sustainable tourism. Our excursions are socially and environmentally conscious, leaving the lowest possible impact in the Himalayas.
- About 80% of Ace the Himalaya’s staff members are natives of the regions where our trips are organized. It is one of our sustainable and responsible efforts to help local communities, support small businesses, and promote regional culture and way of life.