Jamacho Day Hike-One day hiking trip - 1 Day
Jamacho Day Hike, as the name suggests, can be easily done in one day. It is one of the popular short hikes in Jamacho Nepal.
- Nature walks in Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park.
- Within easy reach from Kathmandu.
- Bird’s eye view of the Kathmandu Valley.
- Stunning views of the Himalayas (on a clear day).
- Buddhist shrine Jamacho Gumba.
Jamacho Day Hike, as the name suggests, can be done in one day. The jamacho day hike is one of the popular short hikes in Nepal. At the top of a hill in Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park, there is a Buddhist shrine called Jamacho Gumba. A view tower stands there which offers a bird’s-eye view of the Kathmandu valley and on a clear day, you can see the magnificent Himalayas in the north. And on a smaller hill below you can see Swayambhunath aka the Monkey Temple.
At around 8 am, your guide will come to pick you up at the hotel you are staying. In a private tourist vehicle, you will be taken to the gate of Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park. The guide will pay the entrance fee, which is included in the hike price. A motorable road also leads to Jamacho Gumba but you will take a hiking path that is about 5 km from the bottom to the top of the hill. In about 3 to 4 hours, you will reach the top where you will take your lunch. Stay there, click pictures, read a book, take notes, and soak in the views. Then, head down. In about 2 to 3 hours, you will reach the gate from where the tourist vehicle will pick you up and drop you off at the hotel.
This trip is usually a 4 to 5-hour hike along uphill and downhill trails. Anyone with a good fitness level can complete this hike. We suggest you carry enough drinking water and fulfilling snacks to keep you going throughout the day. It is an amazing add-on to your trips if you have a day or two to spare in Kathmandu and are looking for a refreshing nature break.
Departures & Availability
Our groups are small with maximum 14 people. We create groups of independent travelers, friends and families which maintains close interpersonal connection, engage more and get into depth of the journey. Choose a date from the calendar to reserve your spot.
Looking for personalized experience? We organize privately guided journey which is mainly designed to fit your taste and interest. Please fill out the form below to get started.
Hotel pick-up and drops by private tourist vehicle, but please do not provide do not forget to provide us the hotel’s name and address via email, Viber or WhatsApp.
Shivapuri National Park entrance fee.
Licensed, English-speaking Ace the Himalaya hiking guide.
All government taxes.
Tourist service charge.
Tip for the hiking guide (Tipping is expected).
Any expenses not mentioned in the Price Includes section.
Trip Map / ElevationDownload
These full and frank reviews are from travelers who have traveled with Ace the Himalaya previously. The reviews and experiences shown here are from reputable travel websites like TripAdvisor, Google, Facebook, and Trust Pilot, etc.
What makes this trip different ?
Our CSR with Sambhav Nepal
- Ace the Himalaya believes in giving back to the communities that surround and support tourism in Nepal. Ace provides logistical support and, if needed, cash donations to the projects of Sambhav Nepal (a local NGO).
- Sambhav Nepal and Ace work together to plan volunteer programs that will bring in foreign volunteers and make use of their enthusiasm, time, and talents in a variety of projects.
Sustainability and Responsible Tourism
- Of the few Travelife Partners in Nepal, Ace the Himalaya is one. We respect the procedures for sustainable tourism. Our excursions are socially and environmentally conscious, leaving the lowest possible impact in the Himalayas.
- About 80% of Ace the Himalaya’s staff members are natives of the regions where our trips are organized. It is one of our sustainable and responsible efforts to help local communities, support small businesses, and promote regional culture and way of life.