If Everest Base Camp Trek is in your travel bucket list, then here are a few basic things you need to know before heading out in this arduous trek.
When you will learn these things, you will know if you really want to take this trek or not.
Those Eleven Things Are
1. Everest Base Camp Trek is one of the most-traveled trekking routes in Nepal.
2. When you reach the base camp, you will have climbed up to the height of 5,364 meters.
3. The months to do this trek are February, March, April, May, June, September, October, November and December.
4. It will take from twelve to twenty days to complete this trek. It mainly depends upon things like time to acclimatize, length of stay in passing villages, places you visit and your physical capacity.
5. You will have to walk for approximately 4 to 10 hours each day.
6. You will usually begin the trek from Lukla, pass through the valley of Dudh Koshi to Namche Bazar and from there to the foot of Mt Everest.
7. In the trek, you will come across breathtaking sceneries-lush green farmland, fast flowing white rivers, remote Buddhist monasteries, glacial pools, splendid panorama of snow-capped, rocky mountains and finally before you the monumental Mt Everest or “Sagarmatha” which means “the head of the sky”.
8. The trekking cost is not so expensive. The rough estimation is from $1500 to $ 3000. It depends upon factors like types of trek you ask, number of days and agency you hire.
9. Though you won’t step foot on Mt Everest, trekking to the foot of the majestic mountain is still difficult. The trek will test your physical and mental strength.
10. You will get insight into the culture of Sherpa people.
11. Last but not the least, trekking to Everest Base Camp is an opportunity to help locals and their communities to thrive
The Final Words
So what do you think? You really want to go in Everest Base Camp Trek?
If no, then well you missed out a great opportunity to create an unforgettable experience.
But if your answer is yes, then it’s a good choice. Now you have to find a trekking agency.
Or to rather waste your time checking which agency is fit, why don’t you go to our website? There you can see what we offer. Here is a link to our website, Ace the Himalaya.