Ace the Himalaya is an idea, that to share with the world the passion of travelling in the country of Himalayas and help travelers realize their dream of making lasting memories.
18 reasons why you should choose Ace for your next adventure!
01. Local Himalayan Experts
Dedicated local professionals are primarily based in our travel destinations and work exclusively for Ace the Himalaya to give you an authentic Nepalese experience. Our office team, experienced guides, and porters are always at hand to make sure that every aspect of your journey is pleasurable and memorable.
02. High Standard of Safety prioritized
Your safe and secure trip is our top priority. Fully health-trained guides and staff take care of you throughout the journey. Safety in the mountains is taken seriously with utmost care. Slow ascends during high-altitude trekking are constantly monitored by the guides to ensure you are well acclimatized before climbing higher. Precautions & cures are maintained for High altitude sickness. First aid procedures are immediately done in case of any illness or injury.
- 24/7 communication (Trusted mobile networks and Satellite Phones when required) is maintained with ground operations monitoring all aspects of government policies and weather that may affect your trip. Helicopter evacuation is facilitated when it’s critical. Ensuring that fresh, hygienically prepared food is served to the clients on treks to avoid sickness.
03. Unbeatable Value
We at Ace the Himalaya carefully curate our itineraries with the best possible services to guarantee that we provide you with the best trip that is value for money.
- We work hard to offer you the best possible price, flexible booking options, and extended cancellation policies.
04. Top-Notch Service
Well-experienced professional guides and staff are at your service to provide you with best quality trip experience. We build strong partnerships with our service providers to ensure quality in service and who positively impact the communities where they live and work.
- Quality Food and Accommodation Standard accommodation service whether it be among the cities or in teahouses along the trek. Ace holds a great bond and maintains a good relationship with local partners that adds to our homely hospitality service for clients. Fresh, hygienic food is served to the clients on treks with menu that suits the taste palette of our clients.
- Provision of trekking equipment High quality down jackets and sleeping bags are available for rent. 1 Ace the Himalaya’s duffel bag of 75 liters, a trekking map of the destination, and a sun hat are provided to all customers.
- Airport to airport service Airport to airport facility is upon us to ensure you with hassle free airport transfers, and any transportation facility inside the border. From our representative waiting for you upon your arrival at airport with our vehicle, to checking you in and out of the hotel, and then finally transfer to airport at departure.
Our green practices continue to deliver improved ways of traveling by minimizing our impact on the environment. Ace the Himalaya is one of the few Travelife Partner companies in Nepal that follows the principles of sustainability in tourism.
- We believe in running responsible trips in socially and environmentally friendly manners leaving as little carbon footprint as possible in the Himalayas. A new addition in our efforts to sustainability is the use of Katadyn Pocket Water Filter during our treks to avoid one-time use of plastic water bottles.
06. Socially Responsible
Ace believes in giving back to society primarily through various charity works and encouraging local participation in social causes.
- Sambhav Nepal We mainly provide logistic support and collaborate with a non-profit organization called Sambhav Nepal. Sambhav’s projects include maintenance of school buildings, building toilets, and drinking water facilities, sponsoring the education of students from disadvantaged backgrounds, etc. in Nepal’s remote villages. The Ace team has assisted victims of 2015 earthquake victims and support for those affected by COVID-19 in Nepal.
- Support Rotary International Ace the Himalaya together with Rotary International take many initiatives to help the community. We organized logistics for teacher training and trekking trips to the Rotarians of rotary clubs in Australia and Canada. Moreover, we have contributed for annual Kalamalka Rotary Dream Auction in years 2017, 2018 and 2019 where fund was raised through our trip donations. Our MD Prem himself is a Rotarian who also served as a president of Rotary Club of Mount Everest from 2021-2022. We shall continue to collaborate further to serve the community in need.
- Voluntourism Designed to bring forth coordinated efforts of all the experts and individuals to thereon work towards achieving common goal of community development through the concept of Travel with a cause. The voluntourism program consist of activities like teaching in school, renovating the physical structure of school buildings and houses for needy people, working in the field with the local farmers and providing medical attention in the local health post.
07. Ethical Treatment of Employees
Ace the Himalaya believes in sustainable and responsible tourism practices to create a positive impact on environment, team members, clients and community. We understand that if we take care of our staffs, they will take care of our clients.
- Proper Training Our guides and porters are given routine training on language, First Aid, and other skills that the changing times in the industry demand. Our excellent team of guides are licensed and trained from top institutions dedicated in producing skilled travel professionals. We limit the maximum weight the porters can carry to 30kgs for their own safety. Our porters are too educated and trained over time to take on roles of a guide in future.
- Well-equipped staff We provide accommodation to our guides and porters, with tents and/or sleeping gear during the trek. Moreover, staff and guides are facilitated with appropriate clothing, required gear and equipment for each season and altitude, ensuring protection from cold, rain and snow.
- Insured Guides and Staff Ace the Himalaya provides insurance to our office team, trekking leaders and porters. The insurance covers accidents, medical expenses, high-altitude helicopter evacuation costs.
- Internal Rewards Guide of the Year is a yearly internal reward system in Ace the Himalaya to the best guide in the year chosen through client reviews and his dedication to work. Check out here(link) what this means for our guides.
08. Guaranteed Departures
Our trips have guaranteed departure dates. Once your booking is confirmed, your trip is guaranteed to run irrespective of the number of participants.
- We run trips even if a single participant booking is made except for a few selected trips where a minimum of 2 pax is required. If the fixed departure dates do not suit, please let us know so we can offer alternative individualized departure dates. This often suits couples or families that would prefer a private tour.
09. Easy and Instant booking
Easy booking through our sales team in Nepal as well as international representatives in Australia, Indonesia, Switzerland, UK and USA who work actively to book and promote trips to prospective clients, making the procedure quick and convenient. You can chat with our representatives to enquire about any related queries. We assure you that your financial and data security is ensured. With easy and secured payment through cash, credit and debit cards. We utilize a fully secure payment platform WeTravel for a convenient online payment process.
10. Response time
Our head office at Kathmandu, Nepal operates 6 days a week catered to your service. In addition, we have 24-hour customer support for any of your inquiries and booking decisions, where you can be in direct contact with our national and international sales representatives. Our e-mail response doesn’t exceed 18 hours and the social media response rate is instant as far as possible.
11. Award-Winning Company
Since 2012, we have been receiving the Certificate of Excellence awards from TripAdvisor, which indicates the high level of trust our clients have in us. On 2020, we received Traveler’s Choice Award from TripAdvisor. In 2022, we have been awarded TripAdvisor’s Traveler’s Choice 2022 Best of the Best Award for our Everest Base Camp Trek 14 days (link). Likewise, we have received numerous local awards from government institutions in tourism within the country as well.
12. Tailor-made itineraries
All our itineraries are well made to accommodate high-altitude trekking in the Himalayas. With reasonable trekking hours per day and enough days for acclimatization, the itineraries are well-fitted for any traveler. However, we do also customize itineraries based on your requirement. Any add ons of extra days during the trek, sightseeing around cities, other adventure sports like bungee, rafting can easily be incorporated into your trip.
13. Group Discounts
If you have a group of your own, we have discount offers that varies with the size of your group. The price of services shared among your group of travelers, makes it feasible for you to book a trip with us with added benefit of attractive discounts.
14. Pre-booked Domestic Flights
All your trip flights within our destination countries are pre-booked a few months in advance to avoid any last-minute hassle. We have well-maintained relationship with domestic airlines, which works in our favor to grab early tickets and book the best flights around the country. This is fairly an advantage when it comes to flights to and back from Lukla, in Nepal which are hard to secure during the peak trekking season.
15. 15. Recommended by Independent Travelers
Travelers’ recommendation of Ace the Himalaya can be seen over trusted travel sites like TripAdvisor, Google Plus, Facebook, Trustpilot, and so on. Genuine experiences and feedbacks from our clients rank at the highest of numbers on Tripadvisor.
16. Fully-Licensed Operator
Ace the Himalaya is the trading name for an authorized government-licensed trekking and touring company in Nepal of Ace the Himalaya Trekking Pvt. Ltd and Ace the Himalaya Tours and Travels Pvt. Ltd. We are committed to ensuring you have a safe and enjoyable holiday; therefore all travel arrangements prepared by us are completely secure.
17. Guide-Porter Ratio
For every seven members in a trekking group, we assign one trekking guide and add assistant guides for groups over seven. One porter is assigned to every two trekkers. A porter is added should the number increase to become odd. In case of climbing, we have one climbing guide for every two climbers. Likewise, for camped treks, we use mules to carry camping equipment.
18. Beyond Nepal
Besides our tours and treks within Nepal, our trips extend to Bhutan, India and Tibet. Our local representatives in these destinations together with our team in Nepal collaborate to provide you with an experience of a lifetime in any destination you choose to spend your vacation.