All the around the world, Nepal is known for the tallest peak in the world, Everest, and as the birthplace of Buddha. But there are many other amazing facts about Nepal a lot of people don’t know.
Get ready to find out what these amazing facts are.
2. World’s deepest gorge is Kali Gandaki Gorge. The gorge lies between Annapurna and Dhaulagiri.
3. Elephant polo, a type of polo game played while being mounted on elephants, began in Nepal. Every year in Meghauli of Nepal, World Elephant Polo Championship is held.
4. World’s tallest grasslands are found in Nepal. These grassland are usually found in Terai region of Nepal, you can go on a jungle safari to view them.
5. Nepal is a habitat for 900 species of birds i.e. about 8% of world’s total bird species. This makes it a wonderland for bird watching.
6. Nepal has world’s only one para-hawking service. It’s an adventure sport where a hawk guides you in paragliding.
7. World’s most extreme (longest, steepest and fastest) zip-line is built at Sarangkot. A zip-line rider rides down the cable for two kilometers and gets to view surrounding peaks of Machhapuchhre and Annapurna.