Jamacho Day Hike
- Trip Code: ATH8399
- Duration: 1 Days
- Trip Level: EasyJust about anyone can participate in one of these holidays. Minimum walking time is 2 hours and maximum walking time is approximately 5 hours a day. By the time you walk around a number of historical sites you’ll be surprised at how quickly the time passes. You do have the chance to take your time and there are plenty of places where you can rest if needed.
- A nature walk in Shivapuri National Park
- Within easy reach from Kathmandu
- Bird’s eye view of the Kathmandu valley
- Stunning views of the Himalayas (on a clear day)
- Buddhist shrine Jamacho Gumba
Jamacho Day Hike, as the name suggests, can be done in one day. It is one of the popular short hikes in Nepal. At the top of a hill in Shivapuri National Park, there is a Buddhist shrine called Jamacho Gumba. A view tower stands there which offers a bird’s-eye view of the Kathmandu valley and on a clear day you can see the magnificent Himalayas in the north. And on a smaller hill below you can see Swayambhunath aka the Monkey Temple.
At around 9 am, your guide will come to pick you up at the hotel you are staying. In a private tourist vehicle, you will be taken to the gate of Shivapuri National Park. The guide will pay the entrance fee, which is included in the hike price. A motorable road also leads to Jamacho Gumba but you will take a hiking path which is about 5 km from the bottom to the top of the hill. In about 3 hours, you will the top where you will take your lunch. Stay there, click pictures, read a book, take notes, take in the views. Then, head down. In about 2 hours, you will reach the gate from where the tourist vehicle will pick you up and drop you off at the hotel.
Pick up and drop off in a private tourist vehicle
Shivapuri National Park entrance fee
Licensed, English-speaking Ace the Himalaya hiking guide
All government taxes
Tourist service charge
Price Does not Include
Tip for the hiking guide (Tipping is expected)
Any expenses not mentioned in the Price Includes section