- Trip Code: ATH3834
- Country: Nepal
- Duration: 11 Days
- Trip Level: EasyJust about anyone can participate in one of these holidays. Minimum walking time is 2 hours and maximum walking time is approximately 5 hours a day. By the time you walk around a number of historical sites you’ll be surprised at how quickly the time passes. You do have the chance to take your time and there are plenty of places where you can rest if needed.
- Activity: Romantic Escapes, Culture & Wildlife.
- Starts at: Kathmandu
- Ends at: Kathmandu
- Trip Route:
- Best Season: January to June; September to December
- Luxury Five Star Accommodation
- Romantic Dinners
- Guided city tours in Kathmandu and Bhaktapur.
- Panoramic views of Himalayas from Sarankot.
- Guided city tour in Pokhara.
- Guided wildlife tours in Chitwan National Park.
- Spectacular Everest Flight
After you say “I do” – it is time for you and your loved one to get away, write the first chapter in your new book of memories and begin love’s journey together, indulge yourself with a storybook honeymoon – passionate interludes quiet dinners and a romantic candlelit room. Just bring your love and we will supply the magic.
Absorb the spectacular views of Mt. Everest during your scenic flight. This charmed land amazes any honeymooner’s heart with its natural beauty, astounding wildlife and floral forests, terraced farms carved off the hillside, gushing rivers and waterfalls and the ever-present aura of the majestic Himalayas.
We have taken the best out of all our trips to provide you with the most indulgent, inspiring and romantic display of Nepal.
Ultimate romantic settings in the Himalayas includes Pokhara with its hidden treasures such as mighty caves, waterfalls, gorges, and canyons, all seemingly carved out lovingly by the gods themselves. The lake town with its unparallel panoramas of Fishtail Mountain on the Annapurna range is most idyllic for honeymooners.
- Day 01- Arrive at Kathmandu airport (1345meters). Overnight at luxury five star hotel.
- Day 02- Guided sightseeing around Bhaktapur, Monkey Temple, Buddhanath. Overnight at luxury five star hotel.
- Day 03– Fly from Kathmandu to Pokhara, 30 minutes flight. Overnight at luxury five star hotel.
- Day 04 & 05- Guided sightseeing in and around the beautiful town of Pokhara. Overnight at luxury five star hotel.
- Day 06- Drive from Pokhara to Chitwan by private tourist vehicle, 6 hrs. Overnight at Resort.
- Day 07- Activities in Chitwan National Park. Overnight at Resort.
- Day 08- Chitwan morning activities then we fly back to Kathmandu, 30 minutes flight. Overnight at luxury five star hotel.
- Day 09- Leisure day in Kathmandu. Overnight at Luxury five star hotel.
- Day 10- Everest Flight early in the morning and free day in Kathmandu and Farewell dinner in the evening with local cultural dance show. Overnight at luxury five star hotel.
- Day 11- Transfer to airport for your final departure.
Day 01 - Arrive at Kathmandu airport (1345meters).
There you will be met by our Airport Representative and transferred by private tourist vehicle, to your five star luxury hotel.
(No Meals Included)
Day 02 - Guided sightseeing around Bhaktapur, Monkey Temple, Buddhanath and Bhaktapur.
After breakfast you will be guided by a private vehicle and professional tour guide around the historical and cultural attractions of Kathmandu Valley. The places we visit are as below:
Bhaktapur Durbar Square (World Heritage Site)
As you walk in, you will feel a sense of inner harmony. Bhaktapur Durbar Square is a collection of pagoda and shikhara – style temples grouped around a fifty-five-window palace of brick and wood. The attraction of the Bhaktapur Durbar Square is The Lion gate, The Golden gate, The Palace of fifty five windows, Art Galleries, The Statue of King Bhupatindra Malla. It will feel like you have truly stepped back in time.
Buddhanath Stupa (World Heritage Site)
This is the largest stupa and among the most impressive in the Valley. It looms 36 meters high and presents one of the most fascinating specimens of stupa design. Buddhanath is also known as Khasti, or dew drops, after an account that builders had to use dew to mix the mortar as Kathmandu was suffering from a severe drought during its construction.
Swoyambhu Stupa- A Monkey Temple (World Heritage Site)
Watching over the Valley from the top of a hillock on its western side. The huge stupa is one of the holiest Buddhists sites in Nepal and its establishment is linked to the creation of the Kathmandu Valley out of a primordial lake. The five elements are represented in the stupas structure: the base symbolises earth: the dome water: the spire fire: the umbrella air; and the pinnacle ether. Swayambhu is also known as Samhengu and Monkey temple.
Overnight at luxury five star hotel.
Day 03 – Fly from Kathmandu to Pokhara and transfer to hotel, 30 minute flight.
Our driver will pick you up from your hotel to the airport for your flight departure to Pokhara. Upon arrival in Pokhara you will be pick up by the guide and transfer to your hotel in Pokhara. In afternoon we will walk around Lakeside. Overnight at luxury five star hotel.
(Breakfast and Dinner Inluded)
Day 04 & 05 - Guided sightseeing in and around the beautiful town of Pokhara.
Pure, simple, elegant, a place to relax, a place to enjoy, a place to discover. Lounge, laze, stroll, swim have a massage…take a nap read a book… drink, eat…play. For the active days, hire a mountain bike…explore the mountains, natural caves, historical temples and hilltop palaces…play a round of golf. A 45 minute drive with 25 minute hike take us to the top of Sarankot to see best sunrise & close views of many mountains like Annapurna range, Dhauligiri, Fishtail including views of the beautiful Pokhara valley & fewa lake.
We provide a private vehicle and professional tour guide for the sightseeing in and around Pokhara to visit the following sites:
Phewa Lake & Barahi Temple
Situated at an altitude of 800meters above sea level, it is the second largest lake in the kingdom. With Barahi island Temple in the middle of the lake it is the most important religious monument in Pokhara. This two-storied pagoda is dedicated to the boar manifestation of Ajima, the protector’s deity representing the female force Shakti. The reflection of Mt. Machhapuchhare & Annapurna can be seen in its serene water. Thick forest lies on the adjoining southern slopes of the lake.
Begnas & Rupa Lake
Lies in the north-east of the Pokhara valley at the distance of 13kms from the main city of Pokhara. These lakes are located at the foothill of Begnas, mountain and are separated by the Pachabiya hill.
Seti River Gorges
Carved by Seti-Gandaki is one of the natural wonders of Pokhara. K.I. Singh bridge at Bagar, Mahendrapool & Prithivi highway Bridge near bus park, provides a perfect view of the river’s dreadful rush and the deep gorge made by the turbulent flow of white water.
Locally known Patale Chhango in the southern flank of the Pokhara valley is where the stream flowing from Fewa lake collapses and surges down the rock into a deep gorge, leaping through several potholes.
Gupteswar Cave is a sacred cave, lies 2 km from Pokhara airport. The entrance is right across from Devi’s fall and the cave is almost 3 km long. It has some big hall-size rooms and some passages where you have to crawl on all fours. This cave holds special value for Hindus since a phallic symbol of Lord Shiva is preserved here in the condition it was discovered.
Tibetan Refugee Camps
Tibetan Village Tashiling in the south and Tashii Palkhel in the north of Pokhara valley is the two Tibetan villages which is inhabitant by the Tibetan people who keeps themselves busy by producing and trading woolen carpets and other handicrafts.
You will visit two different museums, the first museum displays the life styles and history of the Gurungs, Thakalis and Tharu while the other is Gurkha Memorial Museum dedicated to the famous Gurkha Warriors who earned their name during many fierce battles fought during the World Wars and numerous operations around the world since 1815. They won 13 Victoria Cross medals awarded for exceptional bravery shown in the field.Overnight at luxury five star hotel.
(Breakfast and Candlelit Dinner Included)
Day 06 - Drive to Chitwan National Park by private car, 6 hrs.
After breakfast we take a scenic drive through High Valleys, displaying a very tranquil side of Nepal. On reaching the National Park resort, our Guest Relations Officer will brief guests after which you will be participating in an Elephant Safari / Jungle Walk / Nature Walk with Boat Ride and dinner will be ready about 8:00 pm. Overnight at Resort.
(Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Included)
Day 07 - Guided activities in Chitwan National Park.
An early morning wakeup call followed by tea/coffee. The early morning tour provides one of the best times to see the wildlife at its best with Bird Watching / Elephant Safari / Jungle Walk. After breakfast a 45 minute walk through grassland and forest upstream of the Narayani River. Climb aboard the local boats to observe crocodiles along the banks while floating back to camp to enjoy lunch. Late afternoon a guide will take you for camp tour and visit observation tower / nature walk with Boat Ride and back to the camp for dinner. Overnight at Resort.
(Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Included)
Day 08 - Chitwan morning activities then we fly back to Kathmandu
An early morning wakeup call followed by tea/coffee. One last chance to see the wildlife in full swing, your guide will take you for a Bird Watching / Elephant Safari / Jungle Walk following breakfast you will be transferred to the Bharatpur airport for your 30 minute flight to the Kathmandu. Overnight at luxury five star hotel.
Day 09 - Leisure day in Kathmandu.
Today is a leisure day. Overnight at luxury five star hotel.
Day 10 - Early morning Mount Everest Scenic flight.
Leisurely afternoon to explore the Country before you leave tomorrow. In the evening farewell dinner in a typical Nepali restaurent with cultural dance show.
Early morning you will be transfer to the domestic airport for your Scenic Everest flight. This one hour flight takes you within camera range of some of the highest peaks in the world, and cruising this close to the awe-inspiring massifs of rock and ice, is an out-of-this world experience. This special mountain flight offers the closest possible aerial views of Mt Everest, Kanchenjunga including many other mountains and the Tibetan Plateau. After you return to your hotel you have a big day to relax or do some shopping before you leaving the country. Overnight at luxury five star hotel.
(Breakfast and farewell Dinner Included)
Day 11 - Transfer to airport for your final departure.
The trip ends, our Airport Representative will drop you to the Kathmandu International Airport for your flight departure from Nepal.
We do not have fixed departure date for Honeymoon Trip. This trip can be organize as per your request. The trip price per couple is illustrated below:
Group Size Price Per Person Remark Per Couple $5200
- We understand that some clients want their adventure trek/trip to be a private affair, so that it would enable them to spend some of their memorable moments with their near and dear ones at there own Schedule. Considering this, Ace the Himalaya organizes private journeys as well. Please choose your own departure date.
- You can also use this tour as a base for a tailor-made itinerary. For example, we could add on more time exploring the Kathmandu Valley or relaxing in Pokhara, or add some wildlife safaris in Chitwan or Bardia National Parks. We can also adjust the trekking route and add some exciting white water rafting on the Seti, Trisuli or Bhote Koshi rivers. To discuss your ideas or to get some suggestions from one of our travel consultants, please fill in our tailor-made request form.
Pick up from and drop off at the hotel and the airport on a private vehicle.
Deluxe five star accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara including breakfast.
All guided city tour in Kathmandu and Pokhara by private car.
One free spa treatment for couple in Pokhara.
Entry permits and fees for all temple, park, monasteries, cultural and historical spots.
Daily buffet breakfast in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
Daily candlelit dinner in Pokhara.
Best possible accomodation in chitwan.
All meals during your stay in Chitwan National Park.
All jungle and tour activities in Chitwan National Park.
Chitwan entry permits and park fees.
Chitwan National Park Jungle safari guide.
Airfare from Kathmandu - Pokhara and Chitwan - Kathmandu.
One hour Scenic Mount Everest Flight including the airport transfer.
Free Ace the Himalaya duffel/kit bag, sunhat and t-shirt (yours to keep).
All government taxes, VAT, Tourist Service charges and official expenses.
Complimentary usage of swimming pool and tennis court at the hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
Farewell dinner in Kathmandu in a typical Nepali restaurant with cultural dance performance in the evening before departure.
Price Does not Include
Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
Travel insurance which covers emergency Rescue and Evacuation. (See the travel insurance page)
International airfare and airport departure tax. (See the international flights page)
Nepal entry visa; you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport size photos).
Tips for trekking staff and driver (Tipping is expected).
Personal Clothing and Equipment.
Any others expenses which are not mentioned on 'Price Includes' section.
All you need to bring for this Special Tour is simply some comfortable clothes; there is no any requirement of special equipment on the tour. However for your ease, the following gives you the general idea about the personal items you need to manage for the trip. The personal items referred here are optional and depends upon your choice. The most important factor to be considered while choosing the equipments and your Bag-pack, is the time of the year you are travelling.
In a tour, the vehicle transfers all the heavy items and equipments. But the Personal belongings of the clients which is required at any moment like money, water bottle, camera, suns cream and toilet paper etc. should be carried by yourself. It is therefore advisable that you pack the personal belongings into your daypack.
We will supply complimentary water and wind proof duffel bag, which you can use on the tour for your shopping purpose. The duffel bag is yours to keep.
List of Recommended Equipment for the Tour:
- Duffel or Rucksack bag or suitcase (We will provide one complimentary ACE duffel bag for you to keep.)
- Warm wool or synthetic hat that cover your ears (only if you are travelling in the cold season i.e January, February and December)
- Goggles or sunglasses for sunbeam, dust and wind.
- A neck warmer is another piece of gear for extra warmth if you feel you will need it and is for cold season i.e January, February and December.(optional)
- 1 pair warm gloves (This is required if your are travelling in cold season i.e January, February and December).
- T-shirts (2).
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket (preferable if you are travelling in rainy season from June to September.)
- 1 pair cotton pants (loose jeans/khakis), 1 pair shorts.
- 2 pairs lightweight long underwear/thermals (if you are traveling in winter January, February and December).
- 2 pairs of liner socks, synthetic or capilene.
- 1 pair light camping shoes or sneakers..
- 1 pair sandals (Optional).
Medicines and First Aid Kits
(Please note our guide will also carry the first aid kit bag during the trek. However we still recommend you to bring your personal first aid kit as well)
- Extra Strength Excedrin for altitude related headaches.
- Ibuprofen for general aches and pains.
- Immodium or Pepto bismol capsules for upset stomach or diarrhea.
- 1 small personal sized first-aid kit with blister treatments such as mole skin, band-aids, some waterproof tape, anti-infection ointments, etc. Your guides will have more extensive medical gear, but you should have the basics for general use.
Miscellaneous, but Important !
- Passport and extra passport photos (4 copies).
- Airline ticket (Please make a copy and leave on at our office in KTM just in case if you need to change the date of your).
- Durable wallet / pouch for travel documents, money & passport.
- Lip balm. At least SPF 20, 2 sticks. A string taped to the stick is helpful, to hang around your neck and some are now being sold with a cord already attached. Handy as it avoids you from having to stop and look for it.
- Toiletry kit. Be sure to include hand wipes, and liquid hand sanitizer
- 2 bandanas.
This list is only a guide. While you are required to bring everything on this list, there are numerous options, brands, and versions of each piece of equipment. Use your experience and the listed features to find the best gear for you. Some of the above equipment can be easily found in stores in Kathmandu for cheaper prices.
Here's a few answers to most common Questions asked by the customers.
This Special Honeymoon trip is suitable for any kind of couple, with good physical condition.
Yes, our airport representative will be there to greet you at the airport. S/he will be displaying an Ace the Himalaya sign-board. Upon arrival, you will be transferred to your hotel.
We provide deluxe five star hotel accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara. In Chitwan we provide best possible resort including all the activities inside the national park.
All hotels offer the facilities of attached bathrooms, dining room, a bar, Internet services, hot shower and so forth.
All the restaurants that we dine at cater for Continental, Chinese, Mexican, American based cuisine with some local influences, always plenty to choose from.
We use comfortable and reliable tourist vehicle (car, van, jeep). These light-weight vehicles are maneuverable in the narrow roads of Nepal. You will have a vehicle, a guide and a licensed driver at your disposal at all times. We use our own Fleet service for Transportation..Click to know more about our fleet service!
The best season for this Tour is anytime between January to June and September to December.
It depends on the season you’re travelling. During winter (December to February), it is colder at night and relatively warmer during the day, with the temperature ranging from 4°C at night to 22°C. Between March and May, the weather stays prefect as the temperature averages 25°C during the day. From September to December, following the monsoon, the temperature gets cooler and allows for a great time to travel. The average temperature during this season is 20°C. The vehicles and the hotels during the trip will be air-conditioned making your travel very comfortable.
Yes. In fact, our company is the active member of Nepal Tour and Travel Agencies Associtaion.
Yes, they have all received a 45-day training from the Hotel Management and Tourism Center in Nepal. The guides have also received high altitude first aid training from KEEP (Kathmandu Environmental Education Project). Please check our Guides Profiles and Training Certificates.
Ace the Himalaya is one of the prime supporters of the social organization Sambhav Nepal. There are several on-going projects in a village called Arupokhari (Gorkha district) which you are more than welcome to visit or even volunteer at. You will be able to gain a different insight into the lives of the people in the hills and also make a difference!
Click here to learn more about our volunteer programs.
Yes, you need to book your own International flights. We are a local agent and it would cost you significantly higher to book through us. Please find more information in the International Flight page.
These facilities are available in all the places in your hotel. Remember to bring your adapters!
There are telephones and Internet facilities available so you can always stay in contact with your family.
ATMs are available in Kathmandu. Major credit cards are accepted in all places but you need to pay 4% extra as bank levy, which might make cash more preferable.
It depends on your spending habits. We estimate USD 12 to 20 a day will be enough to buy lunch, dinner, chocolates and a few drinks.
Tips are always expected. It is a small gesture of thanks to the field staff towards the end of the tour USD 20 per guide and USD 10 per driver per day is recommended per group, but it is entirely up to your wishes.
Bottled water is available in all places. If you wish to drink normal water, you are suggested to use purifying aid, which you need to bring with you.
Our company insures all our staff members, including guides, cooks, Sherpas and porters. Please browse though Company Information pages to view insurance details.
Here are some documents that you will need to carry with you:
· Valid Passport – must be valid for up to 6 months after you return from your tour (Keep a separate photocopy)
· Travel insurance (Keep a separate photocopy)
· Cash and Traveller’s Cheques (Keep numbers and proof of purchase separately)
· Flight tickets
· Emergency contact numbers for T/C’s, banks, insurance, family contacts
A holiday should never be about making it to the final point quickly. Along your trek we can add days at your request with additional costs to cover guides, porters, accommodation and food.
Yes, there are a plenty of options and choices to extend your holiday before or after your main trip. Please go into our trip extension page for more details.
No vaccinations are compulsory fro travelling in Nepal, but we do recommend you are covered for diphtheria & TB, hepatitis A, hepatitis B, *malaria, typhoid, polio and tetanus.
We also recommend:
· A dental check-up prior to travelling.
· That you know your blood group in case of emergency.
If you have any pre-existing medical conditions which might affect you on tour, you make these known to your tour leader and Ace the Himalaya at the time of your booking.
These full and frank reviews are from the travellers who have travelled with Ace the Himalaya previously. They are not edited by us; find the real story, from real travellers below.Share your story with us.