Responsible tourism is very much imperative as it is a responsibility of each and every individual within the tourism sector. Because our business and our livelihood depend upon the continued existence of the natural environment, our values, belief and responsibility is reflected by our culture and tradition. We as a responsible travel agency always aim to make positive environmental, socio-cultural and economic impact on the areas where we operate.
All our team members including our guides and porters are aware of their responsibilities in making responsible tourism a reality in each trip. Before our tour commences, our guide briefs group members on the importance of conservation in the environment, natural and cultural heritages as part of our responsible and sustainable tourism efforts. This procedure has become an integral responsibility of our ongoing efforts. We encourage programs and frequently participate and/or initiate clean up campaigns to promote awareness as well as maintaining a clean and healthy living environment. Our dedication continues to sourcing further ways we can conduct sustainable tourism. Please visit Responsible Tourism Guidelines for Travelers to see what values we support and urge our guests to follow.
Our eco green practices continue to deliver improved ways of traveling, by minimizing our impact on the environment and ecosystem. With each and every one of our treks and tours we are always conscious of the impact that we have on the environment and limit our group numbers to a maximum of 15 at any one time.
Here are just a few main policies that we follow as a responsible and sustainable tour operator:
- At the office we run energy saving bulbs and turn off any unnecessary electricity. Each night we switch off all power sources, including computers at the power point.
- For all the high altitude expeditions at the base camp, the solar panels are used instead of batteries which plays very important role in environment conservation.
- Rubbish is placed in bins provided, unless at high altitudes where the rubbish is disposed at the nearest facility, whether in a town or in a hotel.
- We ask trekkers and tour groups to remove unnecessary packaging and store items in reusable containers.
- We are the member of Kathmandu Environmental Education Project (KEEP). We regularly collect the garbage from the trekking and climbing areas and we dispose them in respective dumping areas. Especially during the climbing trip, clients are applicable to pay some rubbish deposit fee and the fee will be refunded after returning the garbage like tin cans, wrapped food, plastic etc. which was taken on the trip.
- We leave the campsites in better condition that when we found them, free of rubbish.
- We strongly follow the 3R i.e reduce, reuse and recycle.
- We request all our clients to bring water containers to re-use boiled/treated water instead of buying bottled water while trekking in remote areas and at high altitudes.
- We promote community-based tourism such as homestay trip (E.g. Home Stay Trek (Village to Village) – 13 Days) and volunteer trips in rural villages that involve farming, constructing, rebuilding and so on.
- We have partnered with a local NGO Sambhav Nepal supporting in building school, hostels and houses of poor family from remote areas. We donate some percentage of our annual profit and we conduct a number of charity treks each year to raise funds for their projects.
- We are contributing to protect the culture, tradition and heritages of local community which gives authentic vibes to the clients by organizing our tours to local culture and heritages site.
- We organize educational programs such as teachers training, volunteering teachers, distributing stationery items including school bag, school uniform, shoes and number of other sports item to the students from rural villages in Gorkha district where the students lack qualified teachers.
- We organize all our tours in socially and responsible and ethical manner.
- We are providing employment opportunities to the local people and evaluate their active participation and performance on a regular basis.
- We encourage local people to actively participate on promoting local art and culture which can be the good source income for their daily livelihood.
“For any questions and remarks related to our sustainability/CSR policies, please email [email protected]”