Ace the Himalaya fully supports as well as works closely with the social organization Sambhav Nepal Foundation. On a yearly basis, a portion of the proceeds from our company’s revenue goes directly towards Sambhav’s projects, more specifically to cover the maintenance expenses of the state-run Bhairabi School, Dharapani Shool, Sitala School along with 3 other schools in the remote Arupokhari village, northern Gorkha, Nepal.
Till 2017 April 28, Sambhav Nepal has distributed 36,600 kg of food supplies, 220 blankets to the earthquake affected people of Gorkha and 3730 aluminium roofing sheets to 12 community schools in Gorkha, built 6 earthquake damaged houses and 27 drinking water taps in Gorkha and has completed first phase of reconstruction in three earthquake affected schools (Bhairabi Primary School, Devi Jal Kumari Lower Secondary School and Bhawani Higher Secondary School) in Gorkha.
As a travel and trekking company, Ace the Himalaya has designed a number of charity treks conducted throughout the year. The charity trek itinerary intends to combine adventure, philanthropy and a fight for a cause, providing the participant with lasting memories of the Himalayas while allowing them to contribute to a remote Nepalese community.
Ace the Himalaya have conducted various programs in co-ordination with Sambhav Nepal for the develpment of the community. Some of the major highlights of our program are:
- Drinking Water Supply Project: On June 25, 2016, Sambhav Nepal inaugurated 27 taps. The inauguration program was led by Hari Bahadur Ghale, the President of Nepali Congress Gorkha and was attended by field coordinators of Sambhav Nepal and villagers. The team walked from one village to another, holding gatherings and officially starting the use of the taps…Read more
- UNSW Global Village 2016: In 2016 too, we received a group of student volunteers from University of New South Wales’ Global Village program. This is the sixth time that we received volunteers from Global Village and they were the first student volunteer group since the devastating earthquake of 2015…Read more
- Nepal Earthquake Relief: In the aftermath of April 2015 Nepal Earthquake, we mobilized our resources to help the earthquake victims. In collaboration with NGO Sambhav Nepal, we have distributed: 36,600 kg of food supplies, 3,720 aluminum roof sheets to 12 earthquake-damaged schools and 220 blankets…Read more
- Teacher Training Program 2015: Dr. Anne Prescott again returned to Nepal to conduct a Teacher Training Program. This time she came with her friend Jane Cameron and together they trained the local teachers of Gorkha at Bhairabi Primary School (Arupokhari) from Janaury 9 to 12 and at Gandaki Higher Secondary School (Arkhet) from January 15 to 18…Read more
- Service, Education and Awareness (SEA) Program 2014: On December 6, 2014, students and teachers of St Augustine’s College, Sydney came to Nepal once more as volunteers for Service, Education and Awareness (SEA) Program. A total of 40 of them, one group volunteered at Disabled Students Association in Bungamati, Kathmandu while another group volunteered at Bhairabi Primary School in Arupokhari, Gorkha from December 8 to 12. And on the remaining days they all toured to Pokhara and trekked in Annapurna region…Read more
- Second UNSW Global Village Team Voluntourism Trip – 2014: The students of University of New South Wales (UNSW) Global Village Team, Australia once again came to Nepal as volunteers under Arupokhari School Volunteer Program. This marks the fifth time that the students from UNSW came to volunteer in Arupokhari, Gorkha and the second time in 2014.The entire voluntoursim trip began on November 27 and ended on December 21. There were seven of them who volunteered at Bhairabi Primary School in Arupokhari, Gorkha and then trekked in Annapurna region…Read more
- Volunteering by UNSW Global Village Team 2014 at Bhairabi Primary School: On July 5, 2014, the students of the University of New South Wales Global Village Team (Australia) participated in Arupokhari School Volunteer Program. This was the fourth consecutive time that the students from UNSW participated in the Volunteer Program…Read more
- Teaching the Teachers in Gorkha: The Australian Rotary Volunteer Team conducted the third consecutive “Teacher Training Program: at Bhairabi Primary School, Arupokhari – 6, Ratmate, Gorkha, from 6 Jan to 11 January 2014…Read more
- Volunteering Program by UNSW Global Village Team at Bhairabi Primary School: On December 10, 2013, the enthusiast students of the University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia, participated in the Arupokhari School Volunteer Program (ASVP), with a mission to teaching English, Science, and Mathematics to the students of Bhairabi Primary School of Gorkha, Nepal…Read more
- Service, Education and Awareness (SEA) Program by St. Augustine’s StudentsThe volunteers from St Augustine’s College, Sydney, once again contributed to the construction work at Bhairabi Primary School in Arupokhari, Gorkha, from 23rd September to 30th September 2013…Read more
- Inauguration of Computer Lab in Bhairabi Primary School: The computer lab built for the local government/community school was inaugurated on 9th August 2013 by Chief District Officer Mr. Krishna Bahadur Karki along with the District Superintendent of Police (DSP) of Gorkha district…Read more
- Distribution of items for the hostel student of Bhawani School: The distribution of items for the hostel students of Bhawani Higher Secondary School Manbu, Gorkha took place on Aug 2nd, 2013…Read more
- Rendering and Renovation Work by the Students of St Augustine’s College-Sydney at Bhairabi P. School: 17 volunteers from St Augustine’s College, Sydney, contributed to the construction works at Bhairabi Primary School in Arupokhari, Gorkha, from 25th September to 1st October 2012 as a part of Gorkha Community Volunteering Program…Read more
- UNSW Global Village Team at Various Schools of Arupokhari: 10 students from the University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia conducted the volunteership program at Bhairabi Primary, Dharapani Secondary and Balodaya primary…Read more
- Gorkha charity trek: In January 2013 company founder Prem k Khatry did the Gorkha charity trek to do fundraising for the Sambhav project. The trek includes visit to more than 20 different local schools of the Gorkha district….Read more
- Australian Ambassador Visited Arupokhari to Innagurate the projects in Dharapani and Bhairabi School: The Australian Ambassador to Nepal, Hon. Susan Grace, along with the DAP Coordinator Sanjana Pradhan and Sambhav Nepal’s chairman Mr. Prem K Khatry visited the project completed at Bhairabi School and at Dharapani School in Arupokhari (Gorkha)…Read more
Ace the Himalaya has been directly involved in helping a few poorly equipped schools located in the remote Arupokhari village of the Gorkha district in northern Nepal. Please see the following Letters of Appreciation received by Ace the Himalaya from Bhairabi Primary School, Dharapani Secondary School and Altitude for Autism- Cause.