Known for its steep and continuous stream Bhote Koshi gives you an exceptional lifetime experience.
- Spectacular views of Ganesh Himal, Langtang
- Beautiful Scenic views
- Exciting rapids of the river
Rafting at Bhote Koshi River (1 and 2 day)
The Bhote Koshi is the steepest river rafted in Nepal. With a gradient of 15 m per km it is a full eight times as steep as the Sun Koshi, which it feeds further downstream. It is the wildest and veritable maze of Canyons River for short rafting trip .The River carves a steep and direct drop at the top that gradually eases to more placid streams and the calmer pools with a 46-km run at the Lamosunga dam. The rapids here are class are both of high and low level. It is used for both rafting and kayaking. It is steep and continuous with one rapid leading into another.
The best time for rafting here is from October to December and from February to April. The rafting here is done in camping basis. Located with the three hour’s drive from Kathmandu, Bhote Koshi River raft is two to four days river trip. The raft starts from Baseri and ends in dam at Lamosangu. Known for its steep and continuous stream Bhote Koshi gives you an exceptional lifetime experience. Rafting here is done in camping basis. The best time for rafting here is from October to December and from February to April. So to provide you life time experience, Ace the Himalaya has planned up 2 days trip to Bhote Koshi Rafting.
NOTE: We organize this rafting trip in customize basis. Fixed group departure is available only during the high season (October, November, March, April and May). Please Contact us for detailed information on fixed departure and Group Joining.
We need minimun group of four to conduct this rafting trip. Any group consisting of less than 4 people is subjected to rise in Trip Price. Please note that the larger size of group can substantially decrease the price of the rafting trip. Hence we suggest you to book with your family and friends.
Day 1: A morning drive from Kathmandu takes us to Lamosangu- Dam, the starting point of rafting (which is called the lower part of rafting in Bhote Koshi). The spectacular view through villages and if weather favors, you will have Fantastic Mountain views i.e. Ganesh Himal, Langtang etc. This day we raft 10 km of the MOST exciting stretch of the river. After end of the rafting we drive back kathmandu if you have booked this trip for a day else we head to our camping site at Sukute. Overnight stay at the camp.
Day 2: After breakfast by 9 to 10 am we will be heading for white water rafting again. We take an hour drive to our starting point at the place called "95 km", the upper part of rating in Bhote Koshi.
Today you have the second chance to enjoy the challenging rapids. We have lunch on the river bank and continue the action until we reach at the take out point Dolalghat. Then drive back to Kathmandu by our tourist vehicle.
Price for 1 day Rafting
For 1 Pax: USD 340 per person
For 2-3 Pax: USD 200 per person
For 4 and above: USD 100 per person
Price for 2 day Rafting
For 1 Pax: USD 680 per person
For 2-3 Pax: USD 400 per person
For 4 and above: USD 200 per person
- Tented camps in Riverside pool (provided if stayed overnight)
- The rafting equipments i.e. boat, lifejacket, paddle, waterproof bag etc is provided.
- Full board meals when camping and lunch for one day rafting trip
- Hotel / pick up & drop by tourist vehicle
- All local permits and entrance fees
- A camping cook for the two days rafting trip
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine etc. for local staff
- Travel insurance (must)
- International airfare to and from Nepal
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on 'Price Includes' section
- Alcoholic and cold drinks
- Tips for guide and driver (Tipping is expected)
- You can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu (A tourist visa with multiple entries for 15 days can be obtained by paying US $ 25 or equivalent foreign currency. Please bring 2 copies of passport size photos.)
- If you are a non-swimmer, or not very confident in the water, we will be providing you with the life jacket to make sure u are safe and secure. Also it is essential that you inform us of any medical conditions that may affect your well being on the trip.
- During the trip, factors such as local politics, transport, weather, etc. may also affect the itinerary for which our rafting staff will customize the changes if needed.
- The necessary items like personal shoes, warm clothes, towels, sun block, and waterproof camera should be carried.