- Trip Code: ATH325
- Best Season: March to November
- Country Visited: Tibet
- Trip Start: Kathmandu
- Trip Ends: Kathmandu
- Destination: Lhatse, Gyantse and Lhasa
- Trip Route: Kathmandu-Nyalam-Lhatse- Gyantse-Lhasa-Kathmandu
- Trip Style: Guided Tour
- Activity: Sightseeing and Cultural Tour, Overland Tour
- Max. Altitude:
5,050 m /16564 ft
- Group Size: Min. 1 pax pax
- Activity Per Day: Approximately 4 to 6 hrs of guided tour per day
- Trip Category: Tibet Tour
- Kathmandu City tour
- Scenic drives Kathmandu - Nepal/China Friendship Bridge – Nyalam
- Scenic drive crossing over Gyatchu-la pass at 5,220m
- Step inside and experience life as the “mountain people” live, in the roof of the world
- Sightseeing tour in Lhasa
- Scenic flight from Lhasa to Kathmandu
Drive in and fly out tour through a circular route from Kathmandu to Lhasa in the heart of Tibet, offers you some of the most amazing landscapes on Earth creating a real Adventure trip for travellers on a limit of time and money.
The Friendship Highway is an important artery of commerce as it’s also Tibet’s most popular tourist route. Enjoy fabulous mountain scenery, visit mystical Buddhist Monasteries of Tashilungpo at Shigatse, the Kumbum Stupa at Gyantse.
Drive past the beautiful Turquoise Lake. This path gives you a glimpse of both the Tibetan and Nepali culture. We'll pass small Tibetan settlements, nomadic herdsmen wandering across the wide arid plains and awe-inspiring mountain peaks. Equally as fascinating is the wealth of cultural interest we will have plenty of opportunity to explore this side of Tibet, both in Lhasa and the other towns we pass through on our journey.
- Day 01 - Arrival at the Tribuwan International Airport in Kathmandu (1,345m). Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 02 - Pre-trip meeting and sightseeing around the Kathmandu valley. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 03 - Drive from Kathmandu to Zhangmu and onto Nyalam (3,750m)- 147 km/6 hrs. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 04 - Drive from Nylam to Lhatse (4,350m)- 210 km/5 hrs. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 05 - Drive to Xigatse (3,900m) via sakya monastery, 205 km/4 hrs. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 06 - Drive to Gyantse (3,900m)- 95 km/2 hrs. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 07 - Drive to Lhasa (3,650m) via the yamdrok Tso- 305 km/6 hrs. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 08 - Guided Tour in Lhasa. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 09 - Guided Tour in Lhasa. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 10 - Flight from Lhasa to Kathmandu. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 11 - Leisure day in Kathmandu. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 12 - Transfer to the airport for your final flight departure
The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. The trip can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements. Private Departure available on any day all year round.
On adventure trips of this type, weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factors beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are necessary the leader will decide what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group. Where a change does occur, we do everything we can to minimize its effect, but we cannot be responsible for the results of changes or delays.
If you happen to return back earlier due to high altitude sickness or any other reasons. You have to pay for all extra expenses like transport, group visa splitting charge, accomodation charge and medical expenses that occour while returning. There wont be any refund or adjustment from our comapny as the chinese government doesnt consider any refund or adjustment to us.