- Trip Code: ATH322
- Best Season: March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- Country Visited: Nepal, Tibet
- Trip Start: Kathmandu
- Trip Ends: Kathmandu
- Destination: Everest North Side Base Camp
- Trip Route: Kathamandu-Lhasa-Shigatse-Everest Base Camp-Zhangmu-Kathmandu
- Trip Style: Guided Tour
- Activity: Sightseeing and Cultural Tour, Overland Tour
- Max. Altitude:
5,220 m /17121.6 ft
- Group Size: Min. 1 pax pax
- Activity Per Day: Approximately 4 to 6 hrs of guided tour per day
- Trip Category: Tibet Tour
- Kathmandu City tour
- Stunning flight from Kathmandu to Lhasa
- Visit to Everest Base Camp and base of the Everest North Face via Rongbuk Valley
- Step inside and experience life as the “mountain people” live, in the roof of the world
- Sightseeing tour in Lhasa
- Scenic drives Nepal/China Friendship Bridge to Kathmandu
Start your journey to Tibet with a spectacular flight over the snow capped Himalayan mountains like Mt. Everest (8,848m), Kanchenjunga (8,586m), Mt. Makalu (8,463m) and others. Spending 3 nights in Lhasa in the centre of the old city will allow us plenty of time for acclimatization and easy access to the city's main attractions – including Jokhang Temple and the monumental Potala palace of Kings and Dalai Lamas, with its various chapels along with unforgettable roof top views of the holy city.
Leaving Lhasa in our tourist vehicle, we travel through this amazing country, staying in the best traditional hotels Tibet has to offer. Thoroughly exploring the towns of Gyantse and Shigatse we visit traditional monasteries and fully immerse ourselves in the Buddhist culture.
Along the Highway we travel through some of the most amazing landscapes on Earth. We pass small Tibetan settlements, nomadic herdsmen wandering across the wide arid plains and awe-inspiring mountain peaks. Equally as fascinating is the wealth of cultural interest and there is plenty of opportunity to explore this side of Tibet, both in Lhasa and the other towns we pass through on our journey back to Kathmandu.
- Day 01 - Arrival at the Tribuwan International Airport in Kathmandu (1,345m). Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 02 - Pre-trip meeting and sightseeing around the Kathmandu valley. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 03 - Fly from Kathmandu to Lhasa (3,660m). Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 04 - Guided sightseeing in Lhasa. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 05 - Second day of guided sightseeing in Lhasa. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 06 - Drive Lhasa to Gyantse (3,950m) - 305 km/6 hrs. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 07 - Drive to Shigatse (3,900m) - 95 km/2 hrs. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 08 - Drive to Shegar or New Tingri (4,050m) via Sakya - 290 km/5 hrs. Overnight at a Guesthouse.
- Day 09 - Drive to Ronguk (5,000m), North Everest Base Camp (5050 m) and back to Ronguk - 115 km/4 hrs. Overnight at a Guesthouse.
- Day 10 - Drive from Rongbuk to Zhangmu (2300 m)- 255 km/5 hrs. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 11 - Cross the Border and Drive to Kathmandu- 125 km/4 to 5 hrs. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 12 - Transfer to the airport for your final flight departure
The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. The trip can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements. Private Departure available on any date, please contact us.
On adventure trips of this type, weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factors beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are necessary the leader will decide what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group. Where a change does occur, we do everything we can to minimize its effect, but we cannot be responsible for the results of changes or delays.
If you happen to return back earlier due to high altitude sickness or any other reasons. You have to pay for all extra expenses like transport, group visa splitting charge, accomodation charge and medical expenses that occour while returning. There wont be any refund or adjustment from our comapny as the chinese government doesnt consider any refund or adjustment to us.