- Trip Code: ATH318
- Best Season: January, February, March, April, May, October, November and December
- Country Visited: Nepal
- Destination: Annapurna Region
- Trip Route: KTM-Pokhara-Shaklung-Begnas Lake-Pokhara-KTM
- Trip Style: Tented Camp Trek
- Activity: Sightseeing and Trekking
- Max. Altitude:
1,730 m /5674.4 ft
- Activity Per Day: Approximately 4 hr walking per day
- Trip Category: Short Trek
- City tour in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Stunning and spectacular views of Annapurna I, Annapurna II, Annapurna III, Annapurna IV, Machapuchre, Lamjung Himal, Dhaulagiri and other surrounding peaks
Known as the "Royal Trek" because this route was traversed by Prince Charles of England and luminaries like Mick Jagger. It’s a small trek in the Annaupurna region starting from Pokhara after driving to Bijaypur Khola, taking you on a four-day loop through the Himalayan foothills ending up at Begnas where we catch a boat across the lake then drive back to Pokhara.
This is a very enjoyable short trek, especially for those who don't have time for a longer trek or an expedition. The beauty of this trek is that it still offers spectacular views of Annapurna I, Annapurna II, Annapurna III, Annapurna IV, Machapuchre, Lamjung Himal, Dhaulagiri and other surrounding peaks providing an insight to the simple way of village life.
There are no facilities, hotels or lodges, so groups and their staff must be fully self-sufficient, this trek is only possible as a camping trek.
- Day 01 - Arrival at the Tribuwan International Airport in Kathmandu (1,345m).Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 02 - Pre-trip meeting and sightseeing around the Kathmandu valley. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 03 - Drive to Pokhara (90 m) by tourist bus - 7 hrs. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 04 - Drive to Bijayapur - 30 mins. Trek to Kalikathan (1,370m) - 4 hrs. Overnight at tented camps.
- Day 05 - Trek to Shaklung (1,730m) - 4 hrs. Overnight at tented camps.
- Day 06 - Trek to Chisopani - 4 hrs. Overnight at tented camps.
- Day 07 - Trek to Begnas Lake. Drive to Pokhara - 30 mins. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 08 - Pokhara City tour. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 09 - Drive back to Kathmandu (1,345m) and farewell dinner. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 10 - Transfer to international airport for your final departure
The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. Our trip can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
NOTE: During the trip; weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factors, that are beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are necessary the leader will decide what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group. Where a change does occur, we do everything we can to minimize its effect, but we cannot be responsible for the results of changes or delays.