- Trip Code: ATH309
- Best Season: March, April, May, June, September, October,& November
- Country Visited: Nepal
- Trip Start: Kathmandu
- Trip Ends: Kathmandu
- Destination: Kyanjin Gompa and Ganja La Pass
- Trip Route: Syabru Besi-Lama Hotel-Kyanjin Gompa-Ganja La Pass-Tarkeghyang-Melamchi Pul Bazaar
- Trip Style: Lodge to Lodge Trekking
- Activity: Sightseeing and High Altitude Trekking
- Max. Altitude:
5,200 m /17056 ft
- Group Size: Min. 1 pax
- Activity Per Day: Approximately 4-6 hrs walking per day
- Trip Category: Langtang Region
- Kathmandu city tour
- Scenic road drive from and to Kathmandu.
- Visiting Langtang village & Kyangjin Gompa
- Panoramic view of the mountain from Kyangjin Ri.
- Crossing the Ganja La pass over 5,200m
Trekking in Langtang valley and Ganja La, north of Kathmandu, offers a multitude of trekking destinations. Langtang is a narrow valley that lies just below the main Himalayan range to the north Tibet Border and a slightly lower range of snowy peaks to the south. A visit to the Langtang valley offers an opportunity to explore Tibetan villages, Tamang Villages, to climb small peaks and to visit glaciers at a comfortably low elevations. Kyanjin Gompa is a last Tibetan Village in the valley, from where a trek starts to Helambu over Ganja La Pass (5,200m). The pass itself is not easy, during autumn and spring the pass opens for trekkers.
A trek Over Ganja la pass offers an entirely wilderness and adventure experience. If you are trekking during spring the forest on the trail is colorful and blooming full of Rhododendrons. To cross from Langtang into Helambu via the Ganja-La pass which is a serious undertaking requiring good equipment and experience from local guides. For three or four days there are no facilities and groups with their staff must be fully self-sufficient. Crossing of the pass requires the use of technical climbing equipment and trekkers must be skilled in the use of this and be prepared to assist less well-equipped porter staff. The trail follows a small valley before reaching the glaciated pass where the use of ropes, crampons and ice axes may be necessary.
- Day 01 - Arrival at the Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu (1,345m). Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 02 - Pre-trip meeting and sightseeing around the Kathmandu valley. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 03 - Drive to Syabru Besi (1,462m) on a public bus - 8 hrs. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 04 - Trek to Lama Hotel (2,500m) - 5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 05 - Trek to the Langtang village (3,307m) - 5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 06 - Trek to Kyanjin Gompa (3,798m) - 4 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 07 - Kyanjin Gompa exploration day. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 08 - Trek to Ngegang (4,000m) - 5 hrs. Overnight at Tented Camp.
- Day 09 - Trek to Keldang (4,300m) via Ganja La (5, 200m ) - 6 hrs. Overnight at Tented Camp.
- Day 10 - Trek to Dukpu (4,080m) - 6.5 hrs. Overnight at a Tented Camp.
- Day 11 - Trek to Tarkeghyang (2,560m) - 5.5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 12 - Trek to Shermathang (2,621m) - 5.5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 13 - Trek to Melamchi Pul Bazaar (846m) - 5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 14 - Drive from Melamchi Pul Bazaar to Kathmandu - 4 hrs . Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 15 - Leisure day and farewell dinner in Kathmandu. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 16 - Transfer to international airport for your final departure
The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. Our trip can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
NOTE: During the trip; weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factors, that are beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are necessary the leader will decide what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group. Where a change does occur, we do everything we can to minimize its effect, but we cannot be responsible for the results of changes or delays.