- Trip Code: ATH316
- Best Season: January, February, March, April, May, June, September, October, November and December
- Country Visited: Nepal
- Destination: Namche Bazar and Tengboche Monastery
- Trip Style: Lodge to Lodge Trekking
- Activity: Sightseeing and Trekking
- Max. Altitude:
3,860 m /12660.8 ft
- Activity Per Day: Approximately 4-5 hrs walking per day
- Trip Category: Short Trek
- Kathmandu city tour
- Scenic mountain flight to and from Lukla
- Experience Sherpa culture and life style of mountain people in the heart of Himalaya
- Visiting Tengboche Monastery
- Amazing views of Himalaya including Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Mt. Thamserku, Mt. Amadablam and other many snowy peaks
This easy trek in the foothills of Mount Everest region starts with an easy stroll on the rim of the Kathmandu Valley, where we gain a first distant view of Himalayas. After a 35-minute flight from Kathmandu landing at Lukla’s tiny airstrip, the adventure really begins
This trekking follows the trail to Tengboche Monastery (3,860m) via Lukla , Namche Bazar. Although, it is a short trek giving you a really superb view of the world's highest snow capped peaks, including Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Thamserku, and Mt. Amadablam. Visiting a succession of Sherpa villages, surrounded by fluttering prayer flags and glistening snow-capped peaks, the popular myth of 'Shangri La' will seem all-too-real.
This trek definitely gives a great introduction to Sherpa lifestyle, country culture along with fine mountain views. For first time trekkers to Nepal this is a popular destination. Suited for those people who haven't had enough time for a longer trek into the high mountains.
- Day 01 - Arrival at the Tribuwan International Airport in Kathmandu (1,345m). Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 02 - Pre-trip meeting and sightseeing around the Kathmandu valley. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 03 - Fly to Lukla (2,804m). Trek to Phakding (2,610m) - 3 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 04 - Trek to Namche Bazaar (3,441m) - 5.5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 05 - Namche Bazaar acclimatization day. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 06 - Trek to the Tengboche Monastery (3,860m) - 5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 07 - Trek back to Namche Bazar (3,441m) - 5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 08 - Trek to Lukla (2,804 m) - 6 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 09 - Morning flight back to Kathmandu. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 10 - Leisure day and farewell dinner in Kathmandu. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 11 - Transfer to the international airport for your final flight departure.
The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. Our trip can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
NOTE: During the trip; weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factors, that are beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are necessary the leader will decide what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group. Where a change does occur, we do everything we can to minimize its effect, but we cannot be responsible for the results of changes or delays.
Flight Delay in Kathmandu and Lukla
Twin Otter is the primary mode of transport to and from the airstrip at Lukla. This service is fairly dependable. Sometimes, flights (to and from Lukla) may be cancelled due to mountain weather conditions or technical problems. In such case, Ace the Himalaya will charter a helicopter to ensure you are on schedule for your international flight. The helicopter can fly if the visibility is 1500m, while the twin otter can fly if the visibility is 5000m, as per Nepal’s Civil Aviation rules.
The cost of the helicopter is payable directly to our Kathmandu office in the event that this service is utilized. US cash, traveler's cheques, or credit cards (Visa Cards, Master Cards only) are accepted. You will be given a receipt upon payment so that you may claim the amount from your travel insurance. The minimum cost will be US$1000 and maximum US$3500 depending on the number of group members.