- Trip Code: ATH303
- Best Season: February, March, April, May, June, September, October, November, December
- Country Visited: Nepal
- Trip Start: Kathmandu
- Trip Ends: Kathmandu
- Destination: Gokyo Ri, Cho la pass, Everest base camp and Kala Patthar
- Trip Route: Lukla-Namche Bazar-Gokyo Ri-Cho la Pass-Kalapattar - EBC-Pheriche - Lukla
- Trip Style: Lodge to Lodge Trekking
- Activity: Sightseeing and High Altitude Trekking
- Max. Altitude:
5,555 m /18220.4 ft
- Group Size: Min. 1 pax
- Activity Per Day: Approximately 5 hrs walking per day
- Trip Category: Everest Region
- Sightseeing in Bhaktapur Durbar Square, Swayambhunath (the Monkey Temple), Pashupatinath (a major Hindu shrine) and the giant Buddhist Stupa at Bouddhanath
- Scenic flight to and from Lukla
- Step inside and experience life as the “mountain people” live, in the heart of Himalaya
- Visiting Gokyo Lake and valley Crossing over the Chola Pass at 5,300m
- Impressive views of Khumbu Ice fall
- Climbing up to Gokyo peak and Kalapattar
- Everest Base Camp and walking on the Khumbu glacier
- Visiting Tengboche Monastery
Also known as Everest Circuit trek, this is one of the most adventurous treks in the Everest Himalayas, it follows the route via high pass of Cho La at 5,330m into the Base Camp of Mount Everest. A unique trek that goes through Lukla, Namche bazaar and all the way to Gokyo, Chola Pass, Kalapattar and Everest Base Camp.
Leading you to the home of the legendary Sherpa people, based at the foothills of the highest peak in the world, Mt. Everest at 8,848m. This trek follows the highly praised trekking route through the Dudh Koshi to its source the Gokyo Lake which is to the west of the Everest Base Camp, giving you the benefit to summit Gokyo Peak (5,483m) offering a fantastic panoramic view of Cho Oyo, Everest and Makalu.
As we cross the Cho-La pass, and return back to Lukla following the route through Everest Base Camp, Kalapattar down to Tengboche monastery, Khumjung village, Namche Bazar and Lukla.
Enjoy the breathtaking views of Everest including several other similar peaks and explore the Buddhists monasteries located at the world's highest elevation.
Our Gokyo to Everest base camp Group trek departure every week from Kathmandu, private trek can be arranged any time, view our selected departure Dates here
- Day 01 - Arrival at the Tribuwan International Airport in Kathmandu (1,345m). Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 02 - Pre-trip meeting and sightseeing around the Kathmandu valley. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 03 - Fly to Lukla (2,804m) - 35 mins. Trek to Phakding (2,610m) - 3 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 04 - Trek to Namche Bazaar (3,441m) - 5.5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 05 - Namche Bazaar acclimatization day. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 06 - Trek to Phorste Thanga (3,680m) - 5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 07 - Trek to Machherma (4,470m) - 5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 08 - Trek to Gokyo (4,790m) - 5.5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 09 - Trek to Gokyo Ri (5,364m) and back to Gokyo - 5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 10 - Trek to Thangna (4,730m) - 4 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 11 - Cross Cho La pass (5,363m) then trek to Dzongla (4,830m) - 7 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 12 - Trek to Lobuche (4,910m ) - 4 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 13 - Trek to Everest Base Camp (5,365 m) then back to Gorak Shep - 5.5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 14 - Hike up to Kala Patthar (5,555m) early in the morning and trek down to Periche (4,200m) - 6 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 15 - Trek to Namche Bazaar (3,441m) - 5.5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 16 - Trek to Lukla (2,804m) - 6 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 17 - Morning flight back to Kathmandu. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 18 - Leisure day and farewell dinner in Kathmandu. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 19 - Transfer for your final flight departure.
The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. Our trip can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
NOTE: During the trip; weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factors, that are beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are necessary the leader will decide what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group. Where a change does occur, we do everything we can to minimize its effect, but we cannot be responsible for the results of changes or delays.
Flight Delay in Kathmandu and Lukla
Twin Otter is the primary mode of transport to and from the airstrip at Lukla. This service is fairly dependable. Sometimes, flights (to and from Lukla) may be cancelled due to mountain weather conditions or technical problems. In such case, Ace the Himalaya will charter a helicopter to ensure you are on schedule for your international flight. The helicopter can fly if the visibility is 1500m, while the twin otter can fly if the visibility is 5000m, as per Nepal’s Civil Aviation rules.
The cost of the helicopter is payable directly to our Kathmandu office in the event that this service is utilized. US cash, traveler's cheques, or credit cards (Visa Cards, Master Cards only) are accepted. You will be given a receipt upon payment so that you may claim the amount from your travel insurance. The minimum cost will be US$1000 and maximum US$3500 depending on the number of group members.