- Trip Code: ATH164
- Best Season: February, March, April, May, June, September, October, November & December.
- Country Visited: Nepal
- Trip Start: Kathmandu
- Trip Ends: Kathmandu
- Destination: Everest Base Camp and Kalapattar
- Trip Route: Kathmandu-Lukla-Namche Bazar-Tengboche-Lobuche-Gorak Shep-Everest Base Camp-Kalapatthar-Lukla-Ktm
- Trip Style: Lodge to Lodge Trekking
- Activity: Sightseeing and High Altitude Trekking
- Max. Altitude:
5555 m /18220.4 ft
- Group Size: Min. 1 pax
- Activity Per Day: Approximately 4-6 hr walking
- Trip Category: Everest Region
- Sightseeing in Bhaktapur Durbar Square, Swayambhunath (the Monkey Temple), Pashupatinath (a major Hindu shrine) and the giant Buddhist Stupa at Boudhanath
- Scenic flight to and from Lukla
- Experiencing life as the “mountain people” live, in the heart of Himalaya
- Visiting Tengboche Monastery
- Remarkable views of Khumbu Ice fall
- Climbing Kalapatthar at elevation of 5,555m
- Everest Base Camp and walking on the Khumbu glacier
Following the footsteps of Hillary and Tenzing to the Greatest Mountain in the world! The ultimate challenge of Everest base camp trek offers breathtaking mountain panoramas, if you like to walk, this is one of the most inspiring places in the world to do it.
Our Everest base standard camp trek is a great introductory lodge trek that offers sensational mountain views and an insight into the lives of the Sherpa people. After exploring the temples, shrines, bazaars and restaurants of Kathmandu we take an exciting mountain flight to Lukla and trek up the Dudh Kosi Valley, surrounded by the soaring peaks of Thamserku and Kusum Kanguru. It’s a steep ascent to Namche Bazaar, capital of the Kumbu Sherpas, where we are again greeted by spectacular mountain vistas. A rest day here aids acclimatization and there are great optional walks to enjoy the area. We then follow the trail to famous Tengboche, located high on a ridge where a magnificent 360-degree panorama awaits. The views of Everest, the Lhotse-Nuptse Wall, Ama Dablam and Kantega dominate this peaceful and spiritual location – surely one of the most tranquil and inspiring places in the world.
While passing Buddhist monasteries, views of Everest get closer every day. This stunning trek visits both, Everest base camp and KalaPatthar (5555m), a viewpoint recognised as the best vantage point to see Mount Everest which is a premier goal for many adventurous walkers in the Himalayas. After trekking to base camp and Kalapatthar we return at our leisurely pace back to Namche and Lukla for our return flight to Kathmandu.
For the more adventurous trekkers you have the option of returning over the Cho La pass to the Gokyo valley, and then ascending Gokyo Ri. Or if you are really fit, you can attempt the summit of Island peak.
Our Everest base camp Group trek departs every week from Kathmandu, private trek can be arranged any time; view our selected departure dates Here . If our set departure dates are not convenient for you, you may choose Private departures by selecting your own convenient tour date. These types of departure are best suited to couples, families, charity and small groups of friends. Customized itineraries are available as per your travel need.
- Day 01: Arrive at Tribhuvan International airport (1345meters). Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 02: Pre-trip Meeting and Sightseeing around Kathmandu valley. Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 03: Fly to Tenzing and Hillary Airport in Lukla (2804 meters) from Kathmandu, trek to Phakding (2610 meters) 3 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3441 meters) 5 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 05: Namche Bazaar Acclimatization day. Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 06: Trek to Tengboche Monastery (3860 meters) 5 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 07: Trek to Dingboche (4350 meters) 6 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 08: Day trip to Chhukung valley (4710 meters) and trek back to Dingboche. 4 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 09: Trek to Lobuche (4910 meters) 5 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse
- Day 10: Trek to Everest Base Camp (5365 meters) then back to Gorak Shep. 8 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 11: Hike up to Kalapatthar (5555 meters) early in the morning then trek down to Periche (4200 meters). 7 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 12: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3441 meters) 6 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 13: Trek to Lukla (2804 meters) 6 hours. Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 14: Flight from Lukla to Kathmandu in the morning. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 15: Leisure day and farewell dinner in Kathmandu Overnight at hotel.
- Day 16: Transfer to the international airport for your final flight departure.
The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. Our trip can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
NOTE: During the trip; weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factors, that are beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are necessary the leader will decide what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group. Where a change does occur, we do everything we can to minimize its effect, but we cannot be responsible for the results of changes or delays.
Flight Delay in Kathmandu and Lukla
Twin Otter is the primary mode of transport to and from the airstrip at Lukla. This service is fairly dependable. Sometimes, flights (to and from Lukla) may be cancelled due to mountain weather conditions or technical problems. In such case, Ace the Himalaya will charter a helicopter to ensure you are on schedule for your international flight. The helicopter can fly if the visibility is 1500m, while the twin otter can fly if the visibility is 5000m, as per Nepal’s Civil Aviation rules.
The cost of the helicopter is payable directly to our Kathmandu office in the event that this service is utilized. US cash, traveler's cheques, or credit cards (Visa Cards, Master Cards only) are accepted. You will be given a receipt upon payment so that you may claim the amount from your travel insurance. The minimum cost will be US$500 and maximum US$3500 depending on the number of group members.