- Trip Code: ATH384
- Best Season: January, February, March, April, May, June, September, October, November and December
- Country Visited: Nepal
- Destination: Namche Bazar and Tengboche Monastery
- Trip Style: Lodge to Lodge Trekking
- Activity: Sightseeing and Trekking
- Max. Altitude:
3,860 m /12660.8 ft
- Activity Per Day: Approximately 4-5 hrs walking per day
- Trip Category: Short Trek
- Scenic mountain flight to and from Lukla
- Experience Sherpa culture and life style of mountain people in the heart of Himalaya
- Visiting Tengboche Monastery
- Amazing views of Himalaya including Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Mt. Thamserku, Mt. Amadablam and other many snowy peaks
Prior to Everest Adventure Trek, you fly by the snow-capped mountains of the Himalayas from Kathmandu, the city of temples, to Lukla, the starting point of this trek. You feel the fresh mountain air at Lukla. The flight is awe-inspiring, and the mountains make a lasting impression on you, as a result, you have a vision to see the stunning mountains throughout the trek. Above all, you enjoy watching a satisfying view of Mt. Everest, which is your main goal. In the beginning of Everest Scenic Adventure Trek, you walk downhill through the forest of the rhododendron, magnolia, and pine. Ahead lies small settlements and flat trail with colorful fluttering flags, and so does the valley, which is so beautiful that you are bound to click your camera. Another beauty is the Dudh Kosi River, a glaciated river, which is as white as milk, and which you cross often by the high suspension bridges that will make the trek livelier.
Another highlight of Everest Scenic Adventure Trek is Namche Bazaar, the largest village of the Everest region, also popularly known as the Gateway to Everest. Everest Adventure Trek also includes the majestic view of Tawache (6510 m), Nuptse (7861 m), Ama Dablam (6856 m), Thamserku (6648 m), Kongde Ri (6187 m), Kusum Kangaroo (6367 m), Kamtega (6782 m), and Lhotse (8516 m). Of these, Ama Dablam is the most beautiful mountain of the world.
- Day 01 - Arrival at the Tribuwan International Airport in Kathmandu (1,345m). Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 02 - Fly to Lukla (2,804m). Trek to Phakding (2,610m) - 3 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 03 - Trek to Namche Bazaar (3,441m) - 5.5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 04 - Namche Bazaar acclimatization day. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 05 - Trek to the Tengboche Monastery (3,860m) - 5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 06 - Trek back to Namche Bazar (3,441m) - 5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 07 - Trek to Lukla (2,804 m) - 6 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 08 - Morning flight back to Kathmandu. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 09 - Leisure day in Kathmandu. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 10 - Transfer to the international airport for your final flight departure.
The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. Our trip can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
NOTE: During the trip; weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factors, that are beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are necessary the leader will decide what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group. Where a change does occur, we do everything we can to minimize its effect, but we cannot be responsible for the results of changes or delays.
Flight Delay in Kathmandu and Lukla
Twin Otter is the primary mode of transport to and from the airstrip at Lukla. This service is fairly dependable. Sometimes, flights (to and from Lukla) may be cancelled due to mountain weather conditions or technical problems. In such case, Ace the Himalaya will charter a helicopter to ensure you are on schedule for your international flight. The helicopter can fly if the visibility is 1500m, while the twin otter can fly if the visibility is 5000m, as per Nepal’s Civil Aviation rules.
The cost of the helicopter is payable directly to our Kathmandu office in the event that this service is utilized. US cash, traveler's cheques, or credit cards (Visa Cards, Master Cards only) are accepted. You will be given a receipt upon payment so that you may claim the amount from your travel insurance. The minimum cost will be US$1000 and maximum US$3500 depending on the number of group members.