- Trip Code: ATH299
- Best Season: February, March, April, May, June, September, October, November, December
- Country Visited: Nepal
- Trip Start: Kathmandu
- Trip Ends: Kathmandu
- Destination: Thorong La Pass
- Trip Route: Besisahar-Chame-Manang-Yak Kharka-Thorong La pass-Muktinath-Tatopani-Ghorepani- Nayapul-Pokhara
- Trip Style: Lodge to Lodge Trekking
- Activity: Sightseeing and High Altitude Trekking
- Max. Altitude:
5,416 m /17764.48 ft
- Group Size: Minimum 1 pax
- Activity Per Day: Approximately 4-6 hrs walking per day
- Trip Category: Annapurna Region
- Sightseeing around Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Ascending Marshyangdi River valley
- Visiting oldest Buddhist monastery in Braga village
- Sightseeing around Manag village
- Crossing the Thorung- La over 5416 meters
- The Pilgrimage town of Muktinath
- Walking through the world’s deepest gorge and the Kaligandaki valley
- Bathe in natural hot springs at Tatopani
- Sunrise at Poon Hill with magnificent mountain views
Since it opened to foreign trekkers in 1977, the Annapurna Circuit has become renowned as one of the most spectacular trekking routes in the world with lush green valleys and fascinating villages that offer impressive snow-capped views of the white Himalayas. Starting from less than 1,000 meters, it gives us a chance to explore the Himalayas from bottom to top and from many different angles and perspectives. This three week trek starts right from Besisahar which goes along the Marshyangdi River, with great views of Manaslu and Himal Chuli to the east. This magnificent trek leads you to the fine village, inhabited by a wide diversity of people from different ethnic groups, offering spectacular and majestic views of the Himalayas. Continuing to the north of the main Himalayan range to the high and dry Tibetan Plateau, the scenery is equally breathtaking.
The highest point of the Annapurna Circuit trek is the Thorung La pass at the top of the valley at 5,416m. Due to the difficulties of crossing the pass, the circuit is usually walked in a counter clockwise direction. Traveling clockwise the longer ascent and shorter descent from west to east is too much for many people to manage in one day.
As we descend to the west at Muktinath, from pass we continue to the barren Tibetan like village of the Kali Gandaki - the world's deepest gorge, passes between the giant Annapurna and Dhaulagiri mountains. After you cross the Thorung La pass from Manang to Muktinath the final seven days of the circuit trek are the same as the Jomsom Trek from Pokhara, but in reverse.
Our Annapurna Circuit Group trek departs every week from Kathmandu. Private treks can be arranged any time. View our selected departure Dates here.
- Day 01 - Arrival at the Tribuwan International Airport in Kathmandu (1,345m).Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 02 - Pre-trip meeting and sightseeing around the Kathmandu valley. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 03 - Drive to Besisahar (830m) by Public Bus - 7 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 04 - Trek to Bahundanda (1,310 m) - 5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 05 - Trek to Chamje (1,400m) - 5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 06 - Trek to Bagarchhap (2,160m) - 5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 07 - Trek to Chame (2,630m) - 5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 08 - Trek to Pisang (3300 meters) 5 hours. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 09 - Trek to Manang (3,540m) - 5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 10 - Acclimatization day at Manang village. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 11 - Trek to Yak Kharka (4,000m) - 5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 12 - Trek to Thorong Phedi (4,450m) - 5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 13 - Trek to Muktinath (3,800m) via Thorung La pass (5,416m) - 8 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 14 - Trek to Marpha (2,670m) - 6 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 15 - Trek to Ghasa (2,010m) - 6 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 16 - Trek to Tatopani (1,190 m) - 5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 17 - Rest and relaxing day at Tatopani. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 18 - Trek to Ghorepani (2,810m) - 6 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 19 - Hike to Poon Hill (3,210m) and trek to Tikhedunga (1,570m) - 5 hrs. Overnight at a guesthouse.
- Day 20 - Trek to Nayapul (1,010m) - 3 hrs. Drive to Pokhara - 1hrs. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 21 - Pokhara city tour. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 22- Drive back to Kathmandu (1,345m) and farewell dinner. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 23 - Transfer to the international airport for your final departure
The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. Our trip can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
NOTE: During the trip; weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factors, that are beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are necessary the leader will decide what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group. Where a change does occur, we do everything we can to minimize its effect, but we cannot be responsible for the results of changes or delays.