- Trip Code: ATH335
- Best Season: January to June; September to December
- Country Visited: Nepal
- Trip Start: Kathmandu
- Trip Ends: Kathmandu
- Trip Route: Kathmandu–Shivapuri–Chitwan–Lumbini–Palpa–Pokhara–Nagarkot–Bhaktapur-Kathmandu
- Trip Style: Guided Tour
- Activity: Sightseeing and Cultural Tour, Day hike, Jungle Safari
- Group Size: Min. 1 pax pax
- Activity Per Day: Approximately 3 to 6 hrs of guided activities per day
- Trip Category: Nepal Cultural Tour
- Guided city tours in Kathmandu, Patan and Bhaktapur
- Guided village sightseeing in Pharping Village
- Day Hikiing to Shivapuri National Park
- Panoramic views of the Himalayan range and sunrise
- Jungle safari in the Chitwan National Park
- Scenic attractions on the way
- Discoving of the mysterious and peaceful cities - Pokhara and Tansen
- Visiting the birthplace of Lord Buddha - Lumbini
Discover the magic and mystery of Kathmandu – immerse yourself in the fascination throughout the colorful array of bustling streets, rich historic heritage, exquisite temples and religious sites. Witness as well as experience the unique, exotic Nepalese culture and festivals up close. Meandering drive to the hilltop of Nagarkot for a breathtaking sunrise. It’s the perfect place to view many of the Himalayan greats such as Manaslu, Ganesh Himal, Gauri Shanker as well as Mount Everest; we believe it’s the ideal way to begin your journey.
While you're in the Chitwan National Park, climb aboard the local boats to observe crocodiles along the banks. Surrender to the pure pleasure of jungle activities! Safari excursion includes elephant safari, canoeing and bird watching. Unlike African animals, those in Chitwan tend to be rather solitary and shy. But our expert guides knows how to track these elusive creatures and you can enjoy a glimpse or two of some of these endangered animals. We explore the park in a jeep, looking for rhinos, tigers, elephants, wild boars and the masses of beautiful birds living here.
The sacred area of Lumbini is the birthplace of the Lord Buddha - the apostle of peace and the light of Asia was born in 623 BC. It is one of the holiest places of one of the world's great religions, and its remains contain important evidence about the nature of Buddhist pilgrimage centers from a very early period. Lumbini, in the South-Western Terai of Nepal, evokes a kind of holy sentiment to the millions of Buddhists all over the world, like Jerusalem to Christians and Mecca to Muslims.
Tansen, the main city of Palpa, the seat of Sen Kingdom that roved over the region for 300 years, is located approximately 330 kms away from Kathmandu. It is a typical and historical Nepali town with numerous fairs and festivals, religious and cultural events. The scenic beauty of whole Palpa district is absolutely awe-inspiring. The major attractions of Tansen are Srinagar hill, Tansen bazaar, the centuries-old Palace and Ranighat. Though it's a small town, Tansen is filled with natural, historical and traditional treasures.
In Pokhara, the delightful scenic lakeside town with the spectacular backdrop of Machhapuchhre rising behind it all creates an ambiance of peace and relaxation. Pokhara is nestled in a tranquil valley and sports a tropical feel, a fact well appreciated by the beautiful diversity of flowers that bloom throughout. There are innumerable must-see places to discover, from the holy Gupteshower cave to the historical museums(dedicated to the famous Gurkha Warriors), Sarangkot hill and the World Peace Pagoda.
During the course of this trip, you will have a professional guide at your disposal, and travel on a comfortable private tourist vehicle or a coach. Transfer across cities will be either on an airplane or ground transportation (private vehicle or tourist bus). All accommodation during the tour will be at 3- to 4-star hotels and lodges available in the area. You will have ample opportunity to purchase authentic souvenirs, including carpets, handicrafts, carvings and Thankas (traditional painting) in this trip.
- Day 01 - Arrival at the Tribuwan International Airport in Kathmandu (1,345m). Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 02 - Pre-trip meeting and sightseeing around the Kathmandu valley. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 03 - Hike to the Shivapuri National Park. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 04 - Drive to the Chitwan National Park on a tourist vehicle. Overnight at Resort in Chitwan.
- Day 05 - Activities in the Chitwan National Park. Overnight at Resort in Chitwan.
- Day 06 - 5-hour drive to Lumbini on a tourist vehicle. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 07 - 3-hour drive to Palpa on a tourist vehicle, then onto Pokhara. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 08 - Drive to Sarangkot for sunrise and mountain views, back to Pokhara. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 09 - Guided sightseeing in Pokhara. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 10 - 7-hour drive back to Kathmandu on a tourist vehicle. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 11- Sightseeing in Pharping, Godawari and Patan Durbar Square. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 12 - Guided sightseeing at Boudhanath, Changunarayan and an evening drive to the Nagarkot hillstation. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 13 - Watch the spectacular sunrise, and Bhaktapur sightseeing. Return to Kathmandu. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 14 - Leisure day in Kathmandu. Farewell dinner in the evening. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 15 - Transfer to airport for your final departure.
The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. Our trip can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
NOTE: During the trip; weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factors, that are beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are necessary the leader will decide what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group. Where a change does occur, we do everything we can to minimize its effect, but we cannot be responsible for the results of changes or delays.