- Trip Code: ATH333
- Best Season: January to June; September to December
- Country Visited: Nepal
- Trip Start: Kathmandu
- Trip Ends: Kathmandu
- Trip Route: Kathmandu–Pharping–Nagarkot–Bhaktapur-Kathmandu
- Trip Style: Guided Tour
- Activity: Sightseeing and Cultural Tour
- Group Size: Min. 1 pax
- Activity Per Day: Approximately 4 to 6 hrs of guided tour per day
- Trip Category: Nepal Cultural Tour
- Guided city tours in Kathmandu, Patan and Bhaktapur
- Guided village sightseeing in Pharping
- Panoramic views of Himalayas from Nagarkot with sunrise
Kathmandu, the mystical and magical city, is famous for its bustling streets, vibrant culture, rich historical heritage, exquisite temples and religious sites. The sightseeing tour will give you an insight about the lifestyle of the people of this ancient city. Though the city is a valley, the views of many Himalayan gems like Langtanag and Ganesh can be clearly seen from here. For nature lovers, hiking the Shivapuri National Park just off the edge of the city is a great option to explore the marvelous forest and trails filled with flora and fauna. Don't forget to get hold of handcrafted souvenirs which Nepal is globally known for!
Nagarkot has become famous as one of the best spots to view Mount Everest as well as other snow-topped peaks of the Himalayan range from the Kathmandu valley. With an elevation of 2,195m, Nagarkot also offers a panoramic view of the valley, the sunset and sunrise. The colorful flowers and the serene backdrop of the mountains make the hillstation ever popular among tourists. You may wish to go a non-strenuous hiking about the hill, which will give you a close encounter with the Nepalese country lifestyle, besides, of course, the stunning views. One can traverse short distances on trekking trails and come close to nature's wonders such as the outer of verdant forests, flower-covered meadows and unsual rock formations. It is no surprise that visitors describe it as a place whose beauty endures year round.
During the course of this trip, you will have a professional guide at your disposal, and travel on a comfortable private tourist vehicle or a coach. Transfer across cities will be either on an airplane or ground transportation (private vehicle or tourist bus). All accommodation during the tour will be at 3- to 4-star hotels and lodges available in the area. You will have ample opportunity to purchase authentic souvenirs, including carpets, handicrafts, carvings and Thankas (traditional painting) in this trip.
- Day 01 - Arrival at the Tribuwan International Airport in Kathmandu (1,345m). Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 02 - Pre-trip meeting and sightseeing around the Kathmandu valley. Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 03 - Sightseeing in Pharping (Daksinkali/ Gorakhnath cave) and Patan Durbar Square. Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 04 - Guided sightseeing at Boudhanath Stupa, Changunarayan Temple and an evening drive to the Nagarkot hillstation. Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 05 - Watch the spectacular sunrise, and Bhaktapur Durbar Square sightseeing. Return to Kathmandu for farewell dinner in the evening. Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 06 - Transfer to the airport for your final departure.
The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. Our trip can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
NOTE: During the trip; weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factors, that are beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are necessary the leader will decide what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group. Where a change does occur, we do everything we can to minimize its effect, but we cannot be responsible for the results of changes or delays.