- Trip Code: ATH351
- Best Season: March to May; October and November
- Country Visited: Nepal
- Trip Start: Kathmandu
- Trip Ends: Kathmandu
- Destination: Everest Base Camp, Kala Patthar and Lobuche East Summit
- Trip Route: Ktm-Lukla-Namche-Tengboche-Chukung-EBC-Kalapattar-Lobuche East Summit-Tengboche-Namche-Lukla-Ktm
- Trip Style: Lodge to Lodge Trekking and Tented Camp at the Base Camp and above
- Activity: Climbing involve with Rope and Ice Axe, Sightseeing and Trekking
- Max. Altitude:
6,119 m /20070.32 ft
- Group Size: Min. 1 pax
- Activity Per Day: Approximately 4-6 hrs walking per day. 10 to 12 hours of walking on climbing day
- Trip Category: Climbing
- City tour in Kathmandu.
- Scenic flight to and from Lukla
- Step inside and experience life as the “mountain people” live, in the heart of Himalaya.
- Visiting Tengboche Monastery.
- Remarkable views of Khumbu Ice fall.
- Everest Base Camp, Kalapattar and walking on the Khumbu glacier.
- Summit to Lobuche East at elevation of 6119 meters.
Lobuche East peak is one of the popular trekking peaks in Nepal to climb, located at the elevation of 6119 meters in Everest Khumbu Himalayan range. This peak is an attractive summit and offers various routes for climbing. The normal route for climbing is through South Ridge. Lobuche east peak consists of several small summits and the true summit requires climbing steep snow and ice slopes to the top from the summit ridge.
Our professionally designed itinerary takes us to the Everest base camp and Kalapattar then to Lobuche Peak, this will give us enough opportunity to get acclimatized.
Once we return to Lobuche village from Everest base camp then we trek up to the Lobuche peak base camp. The base camp will be set up at 4,950meters. Near a lake in a rocky hollow at the base of the glaciated South-West Face. The views of Amadablam, Cholaste, Thamserku, Kantega peak and Tawache peak are superb from here. We climb steep stone terraces and snow slopes just below the main glaciers on the South-West Face of Lobuche East.
- Day 01 - Arrive at Kathmandu airport (1345meters). Overnight at hotel.
- Day 02 - Pre-trip Meeting and Sightseeing around Kathmandu valley. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 03 - Fly to Lukla (2804 meters) from Kathmandu, trek to Phakding (2610 meters) 3 hours. Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 04 - Trek to Namche Bazaar (3441 meters) 5 hours. Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 05 - Namche Bazaar Acclimatization day.Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 06 - Trek to Tengboche Monastery (3860 meters) 5 hours. Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 07 - Trek to Dingboche (4350 meters) 6 hours. Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 08 - Day trip to Chhukung valley (4710 meters) and trek back to Dingboche. 4 hours. Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 09 - Trek to Lobuche (4930 meters) 5 hours. Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 10 - Trek to Everest Base Camp (5365 meters) then back to Gorak Shep (5180 meters). 7 hours. Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 11 - Hike up Kalapattar (5555 meters) then trek down to Lobuche (4930 meters) 5 hours. Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 12 - Trek to Lobuche Peak Base Camp (4950 meters). 5 hours, Overnight at tented camp.
- Day 13 - Summit to Lobuche East Peak (6119 meters) then back to Base Camp. Overnight at tented camp.
- Day 14 - Spare day in case of bad weather. Overnight at tented camp.
- Day 15 - Trek to Panboche (4000 meteras) 6 hours. Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 16 - Trek to Namche (3441 meters). 6 hours Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 17 - Trek to Lukla (2804 meters) 5 hours. Overnight at guesthouse.
- Day 18 - Flight from Lukla to Kathmandu in the morning. Overnight at hotel.
- Day 19 - Leisure day in Kathmandu Overnight at hotel.
- Day 20 - Transfer to international airport for your final flight departure.
The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. Our trip can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
NOTE: During the trip; weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factors, that are beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are necessary the leader will decide what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group. Where a change does occur, we do everything we can to minimize its effect, but we cannot be responsible for the results of changes or delays.
Flight Delay in Kathmandu and Lukla
Twin Otter is the primary mode of transport to and from the airstrip at Lukla. This service is fairly dependable. Sometimes, flights (to and from Lukla) may be cancelled due to mountain weather conditions or technical problems. In such case, Ace the Himalaya will charter a helicopter to ensure you are on schedule for your international flight. The helicopter can fly if the visibility is 1500m, while the twin otter can fly if the visibility is 5000m, as per Nepal’s Civil Aviation rules.
The cost of the helicopter is payable directly to our Kathmandu office in the event that this service is utilized. US cash, traveler's cheques, or credit cards (Visa Cards, Master Cards only) are accepted. You will be given a receipt upon payment so that you may claim the amount from your travel insurance. The minimum cost will be US$1000 and maximum US$3500 depending on the number of group members.