- Trip Code: ATH346
- Best Season: February, March, April, May, June, September, October, November & December.
- Country Visited: Nepal
- Trip Start: Kathmandu
- Trip Ends: Kathmandu
- Destination: Muktinath (Famous pilgrimage site for both Hindu and Buddhist)
- Trip Route: Kathmandu-Pokhara–Jomsom-Muktinath-Tatopani-Sarangkot-Pokhara-Kathmandu
- Trip Style: Lodge to Lodge Mountain Biking and Trekking
- Activity: Mountain Biking, Sightseeing and Trekking
- Max. Altitude:
3,800 m /12464 ft
- Group Size: Min. 2 pax pax
- Activity Per Day: Approximately 4 to 6 hrs mountain biking per day
- Trip Category: Mountain Biking
- Visiting the Muktinath Temple, one of the holiest pilgrimage sites in Nepal
- Taking the scenic mountain flight from Pokhara to Jomsom
- Relaxing in Pokhara, reveling in the beautiful scenery of mountains and rivers
- Sightseeing cultural, historical, and religious sites in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Biking in the Kaligandaki valley and exploring the beautiful Kagbeni village
- Witnessing the panoramic views of the entire Annapurna, Dhaulagiri ranges
- Taking a dip in the natural hot springs in Tatopani
- A farewell dinner at a typical Nepali restaurant on the day before departure to celebrate our trip success
Muktinath is a pilgrimage centre for Buddhists and Hindus; you will see Tibetan traders as well as Sadhus from the far south of India. The shrines, in a grove of trees, include a Buddhist monastery and the Vishnu temple of Jiwala Mayi. An old temple nearby shelters a spring and natural gas jets, which provides Muktinath's famous eternal flame. The earth-water-fire combination accounts for Muktinath's great religious significance. Spectacular views of the Dhaulagiri, Nilgiri, Tukuche peak and several other 8,000m peaks are visible
Jomson is a modern town is the ‘Thakali’ homeland. Thakali people are of Tibetan origin but have their own language and customs. We fly to Jomsom from Kathmandu and initially we ride through a popular trekking trail, which leads us to many different wonderful villages rich in cultural and architectural point of view. Riding on the rocky wide and small track from Jomsom, we descend slowly to meet the paved road which takes to the beautiful Pokhara city lying on the foothill of Annapurna Mountain Range. Unlike the rest of the Nepalese Himalayas, the Annapurna mountain range does not form the border between Nepal and Tibet.
In Pokhara, the delightful scenic lakeside town with the spectacular backdrop of Machhapuchhre (the “Fishtail” mountain) rising behind it all creates an ambiance of peace and relaxation. Pokhara is nestled in a tranquil valley and sports a tropical feel, a fact well appreciated by the beautiful diversity of flowers that bloom throughout. There are innumerable must-see places to discover, from the holy Gupteshower cave to the historical museums (dedicated to the famous Gurkha Warriors), Sarangkot hill and the World Peace Pagoda.
- Day 01- Arrive in Kathmandu, Nepal (1,345m). Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 02- Pre-trip meeting and sightseeing in Kathmandu?. Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 03- Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (820m) by tourist bus, 7 hrs. Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 04- Fly to Jomsom (2,700m), assemble the bikes, and ride to Kagbeni (2,900m). Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 05- Ride fromKagbeni to Muktinath (3,800m). Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 06- Ride from Muktinath to Marpha (2,670m). Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 07- Ride from Marpha to Tatopani (1,190m). Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 08- Ride from Tato Pani to Sarangkot. Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 09- Ride from Sarangkot to Pokhara (830m) and same day guided sightseeing in Pokhara. Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 10- Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu (1,345m) by Tourist Bus- 7 hrs. Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 11- Final departure from Nepal
The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. Our trip can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
NOTE: During the trip; weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factors, that are beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are necessary the leader will decide what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group. Where a change does occur, we do everything we can to minimize its effect, but we cannot be responsible for the results of changes or delays.
Please note that downhill rides have been designed only for experienced and advanced riders and require technical skills. The downhill tracks in are aplenty and we’ve chosen only the finest ones for our trips. If you do not feel like riding uphill till the start of your downhill, we provide the option of a helicopter-tour, which includes a quick heli-sightseeing before landing at the starting point. Alternatively, you could trek up to the starting point with your guide and porters, before you start the downhill descent on your bike – combining the best of both worlds!
Flight Delay in JOMSOM
Twin Otter is the primary mode of transport from the airstrip at Jomsom. This service is fairly dependable. Sometimes, flights may be cancelled due to mountain weather conditions or other technical problems. In such case, Ace the Himalaya will organize the alternative available road transportation to ensure you are on schedule for your biking trip.
The expense of the road transport will be managed from the reimbursement received from the flight ticket after the deduction of cancelation charge. So please note that there will be no refund of the flight from pokhara to Jomson, if the alternative road transportation is consolidated.