- Trip Code: ATH343
- Best Season: February, March, April, May, June, September, October, November & December
- Country Visited: Nepal
- Trip Start: Kathmandu
- Trip Ends: Kathmandu
- Destination: Thorong La Pass/Muktinath
- Trip Route: Kathmandu-Nagarkot-Besishar-Manang-Thorong La Pass-Muktinath-Tatopani-Poon Hill-Pokhara-Kathmandu
- Trip Style: Lodge to Lodge Mountain Biking and Trekking
- Activity: Mountain Biking, Sightseeing and Trekking
- Max. Altitude:
5,416 m /17764.48 ft
- Group Size: Min. 2 pax pax
- Activity Per Day: Approximately 4 to 6 hrs mountain biking per day
- Trip Category: Mountain Biking
- Sightseeing in and around Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Crossing the Thorung-la pass at 5,416m
- Tasting the renowned apples, apple pie and apple wine in Jomsom
- Sight-seeing in Muktinath and exploring the popular hiking routes in the area
- Bathing in natural hot springs at Tatopani
- Crystal-clear mountain range visible from Pokhara
- A farewell dinner at a typical Nepali restaurant on the day before departure to celebrate our trip success
This extraordinary trip takes you to some of the most stunning and exotic biking routes in Nepal. Annapurna Circuit mountain biking tour passes through a variety of different landscapes, from lush sub-tropical rainforest, deep valleys and cultivated fields, to wooded alpine and high deserts. We visit many different villages, meeting the local hill tribes and enjoying frequent spectacular views of massive Himalayan peaks, including the Annapurnas and Manaslu. We reach the lowland villages, dense oak forests, deep gorges and lovely isolated hamlets to the lap of the mighty high mountains and the Tilicho lake - one of the highest altitude fresh water lakes. To top it all, the crossing of the Thorung La pass (5,416m) is a challenging ascend, surrounded by some of the most magnificent mountain sceneries in the world.
We begin our mountain biking trip after a day of sight-seeing in Kathmandu. First we reach Besi Sahar via ground transportation, from where we begin biking anti-clockwise around the Annapurna massif. The trail climbs gradually, allowing us to acclimatize to the high altitude, as we travel along the Marsyangdi Valley. After the crossing of the Thorong La, we descend to Muktinath, one of the most important Hindu pilgrimage sites. We descend down the valley reaching the Kali Gandaki River, with its panoramic views of Machapuchare (the "Fishtail" peak) and Tatopani. We finally return to Kathmandu on private transportation to celebrate our achievement.
As demanding the rugged terrain and technical tracks are, this trip is designed for the more experienced riders, and not recommended for beginners. It will be grueling but surely worth every drop of sweat.
- Day 01- Arrive in Kathmandu, Nepal (1,345m). Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 02- Pre-trip meeting and sightseeing in Kathmandu. Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 03- Ride from Kathmandu to Nagarkot (Distance: 38km, Altitude: 2,175m), via Bhaktaur. Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 04- Ride back from Nagarkot to Kathmandu via Shanku (34km, 1,345m). Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 05- Drive from Kathmandu to Besi Sahar (760m). Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 06- Ride from Besi Sahar to Jagat (18km, 1,360m). Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 07- Ride from Jagat to Tal (20km, 1,700m). Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 08- Ride from Tal to Chame (21km, 2,620m). Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 09- Ride from Chame to Pisang (17km, 3,230m). Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 10- Ride from Pisang to Manang (19km, 3,540m). Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 11- Rest day and acclimatization in Manang. Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 12- Ride from Manang to Yak Kharka (15km, 4,010m). Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 13- Ride from Yak Kharka to Thorong Phedi (12km, 4,450m). Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 14- Ride from Thorong Phedi to Kagbeni (22km, 2,800m) via Thorung-La pass (5,416m). Overnighat at Guesthouse.
- Day 15- Ride from Kagbeni to Tatopani (42km, 1,190m). Overnight at Guesthouse.
- Day 16- Ride from Tatopani to Beni (35km, 830m) and drive to Pokhara (820m). Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 17- Sightseeing in Pokhara (820m). Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 18- Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu (1,345m). Overnight at Hotel.
- Day 19- Final departure from Nepal.
The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. Our trip can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
NOTE: During the trip; weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factors, that are beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are necessary the leader will decide what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group. Where a change does occur, we do everything we can to minimize its effect, but we cannot be responsible for the results of changes or delays.
Please note that in this types of rides where you usually pedal along the whole trail without lift access or shuttle and don't need any extraordinary equipment to complete the ride. This means bikes are light, not too much travel in the suspension, and usually hard-tails (only front suspension). The terrain can be fairly rough, but not extreme. These trips require more endurance as well as some skills, depending on the region we offer, so can be enjoyed by riders of all levels. Vehicle support is provided where possible to make your journey safe and stress-free.