- Trip Code: ATH321
- Best Season: March to May; September to November
- Country Visited: Bhutan
- Trip Start: Paro
- Trip Ends: Paro
- Destination: Shinchela Pass
- Trip Route: Paro-Shana-Jangothang-Shakya Pasang-Shinchela Pass-Limithang-Gasa Hot Springs-Punakha-Thimphu-Paro
- Trip Style: Tented Camp Trek
- Activity: Sightseeing and High Altitude Trekking
- Max. Altitude:
5,000 m /16400 ft
- Group Size: Min. 1 pax pax
- Activity Per Day: Approximately 4-6 hrs walking per day
- Trip Category: Bhutan Trekking
- City tour and sightseeing around Paro.
- Gasa Hot springs
- Sightseeing in Thimphu.
- Laya the second highest settlement in the country
- Crossing the Shinchela Pass at 5,000m
This trek heads northwest from Paro, offering a great variety of trekking conditions, from picturesque farmland and sub-tropical forests to alpine pastureland and high passes. This trekking route has a combination of thick forests of rhododendron, willow, oak, blue pine, golden birch, juniper. It takes you through the isolated, unique and traditionally rich villages of Chebisa and Laya, passing through several nomadic campsites. Wild life such as Takin and Blue Sheep can be seen and even snow leopards can sometimes be spotted on this trek. Relax at the hot springs. It is truly a rewarding trek!
- Day 01 - Arrival at Paro Airport (2,280m). Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 02 - Sightseeing around Paro. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 03 - Drive from Paro to Shana (2,890m) - Distance: 15 kms - 5 hrs. Overnight at tented camps.
- Day 04 - Trek to Thangthangka (3,575m) - Distance: 22 kms - 7 hrs. Overnight at tented camps.
- Day 05 - Trek to Jangothang (4,044m) - Distance: 17 kms - 5 hrs. Overnight at tented camps.
- Day 06 - Rest Day in Jangothang. Overnight at tented camps.
- Day 07 - Trek to Lingshi (4,010m) - Distance: 21 kms - 7 hrs. Overnight at tented camps.
- Day 08 - Trek to Chebisa - Distance: 16 kms - 4 hrs. Overnight at tented camps.
- Day 09 - Trek to Shakya Pasang (4,000m) - Distance: 14 kms - 5 hours. Overnight at tented camps.
- Day 10 - Trek to Robkuthang (4,160m) - Distance: 16 kms - 8 hrs. Overnight at tented camps.
- Day 11 - Trek to Limithang (4,160m) - Distance: 14 kms - 7 hours. Overnight at tented camps.
- Day 12 - Trek to Laya (3,800m) - Distance: 9 kms - 4 hrs. Overnight at tented camps.
- Day 13 - Rest day in Laya. Overnight at tented camps.
- Day 14 - Trek to Koina (3,240m) - Distance: 16 kms - 6 hrs. Overnight at tented camps.
- Day 15 - Trek to Gasa Hot Springs (2,220m) - Distance: 12 kms - 6 hrs. Overnight at tented camps.
- Day 16 - Trek to Damji Village, and drive to Punakha - Trekking Distance 14 kms - 5 hours. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 17 - Drive from Punakha to Thimphu, then to Paro in the evening. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 18 - Transfer to the international airport for your final departure.
The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. Our trip can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
NOTE: During the trip; weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factors, that are beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are necessary the leader will decide what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group. Where a change does occur, we do everything we can to minimize its effect, but we cannot be responsible for the results of changes or delays.
Book Bhutan Trip as early as possible
Druk Air, Bhutan’s national airline is the only airline to entre and exit Bhutan. The Druk air flight tickets sold out two to eight months in advance. We recommend you reserve your Bhutan trip as early as possible, so we can secure these flights for you.