- Trip Code: ATH320
- Best Season: March to May; September to November
- Country Visited: Bhutan
- Trip Start: Paro
- Trip Ends: Paro
- Destination: Simkotra
- Trip Route: Paro-Jangchulakha-Simkotra-Phazoding-Thimphu-Paro
- Trip Style: Tented Camp Trek
- Activity: Sightseeing and High Altitude Trekking
- Max. Altitude:
4,090 m /13415.2 ft
- Group Size: Min. 1 pax pax
- Activity Per Day: Approximately 4-6 hrs walking per day
- Trip Category: Bhutan Trekking
- Taktsang Monastery/ Tiger's Nest
- Views of Mt. Gangker Phuensum
- Lake Jimilangtsho
- Sightseeing around Thimphu
- Trek to Simkotra (4,090m)
Following the ancient high-level route between Paro and Thimpu, the Druk Path is an excellent short trek, ideal for those who are in Bhutan only for a short duration.
You will experience the countryside, mountains, alpine meadows, glacial lakes and monasteries. The first day's walk leads to the ruined Jeli Dzong which sits on a high ridge above the Paro Valley and commands breathtaking views across to Chomolhari.
During the succeeding 4 days of trekking, we climb above the tree-line and cross several passes. En route, we camp beside clear mountain lakes, visit yak herders encampments and enjoy splendid panoramas of the peaks on the border with Tibet, including Jitchu Drake and Gangkar Puensum. We visit the ever impressive Taktsang Monastery in the Paro Valley and to visit the Tashichho dzong at Thimpu.
- Day 01 - Arrival at Paro Airport (2,280m). Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 02 - Day excursion from Paro to the Taktsang Monastery. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 03 - Trek from Paro to Jele Dzong (3,436m) - Distance: 8 kms - 5 hrs. Overnight at tented camps.
- Day 04 - Trek to Jangchulakha (3,962m) - Distance: 9 kms - 5 hrs. Overnight at tented camps.
- Day 05 - Trek to Jimilang Tsho ( 3,880m) - Distance: 10 kms - 6 hrs. Overnight at tented camps.
- Day 06 - Trek to Simkotra (4,090m) - Distance: 7 kms - 4 hrs. Overnight at tented camps.
- Day 07 - Trek to Thimphu via Phazoding - Distance: 14 kms - 7 hrs. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 08 - Drive from Thimphu to Paro. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 09 - Departure from Paro (by Druk Air)
The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. Our trip can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
NOTE: During the trip; weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factors, that are beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are necessary the leader will decide what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group. Where a change does occur, we do everything we can to minimize its effect, but we cannot be responsible for the results of changes or delays.
Book Bhutan Trip as early as possible
Druk Air, Bhutan’s national airline is the only airline to entre and exit Bhutan. The Druk air flight tickets sold out two to eight months in advance. We recommend you reserve your Bhutan trip as early as possible, so we can secure these flights for you.