- Trip Code: ATH319
- Best Season: March to May; September to November
- Country Visited: Bhutan
- Trip Start: Paro
- Trip Ends: Paro
- Destination: Chomalhari Base Camp
- Trip Route: Paro-Shana-Jangothang-Chomolhari Base Camp-Shodu-Thimpu-Paro
- Trip Style: Tented Camp Trek
- Activity: Sightseeing and High Altitude Trekking
- Max. Altitude:
4,950 m /16236 ft
- Group Size: Min. 1 pax pax
- Activity Per Day: Approximately 4-6 hrs walking per day
- Trip Category: Bhutan Trekking
- City tour in Paro and Thimphu
- Impressive twin lakes of Tsho Phu
- Ruins of Drukgyal Dzing
- Flora and Fauna
- Spectacular mountain views of Mt. Chomolhari
- Bhutanese People and village life
Also known as Jumolhari Trek, this intimate wilderness trek offers a great variety of trekking conditions, from remote farmland and blue pine forests, to alpine pastureland and breathtaking mountain views. It is an ideal adventure for nature lovers who are seeking a Himalayan wilderness immersion. It's comfortable, low-impact, and absolutely unforgettable!
From the ruins of Drukgyal Dzong (fortress of the Victorous Drukpas), below such beautiful peaks, you will hike through the heart of wildlife-rich. The sky-piercing peaks, thunderous waterfalls, turquoise lakes and streams, rolling meadows filled with wildflowers, remote yak herders villages, and forests of rodhodendron, pine, juniper and fir provide the perfect backdrop for this inspiring and challenging adventure. You will be rewarded with up-close views of Bhutan’s most beautiful peaks.
- Day 01 - Arrival at Paro Airport (2,280m). Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 02 - Sightseeing around Paro. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 03 - Drive from Paro to Shana (2,890m) - Distance: 15 kms - 5 hrs. Overnight at tented camps.
- Day 04 - Trek to Thangthangka (3,575m) - Distance: 22 kms - 7 hrs. Overnight at tented camps.
- Day 05 - Trek to Jangothang (4,044m) - Distance: 17 kms - 5 hrs. Overnight at tented camps.
- Day 06 - Rest day in Jangothang. Overnight at tented camps.
- Day 07 - Trek to Lingshi (4,010m) - Distance: 21 kms - 7 hrs. Overnight at tented camps.
- Day 08 - Trekking to Shodu (4,080) - Distance: 22 kms - 8 hrs. Overnight at tented camps.
- Day 09 - Trek to Barshong (3,720m) - Distance: 14 kms - 5 hrs. Overnight at tented camps.
- Day 10 - Trek to Dodina then transport to Thimphu - Distance: 22 kms - 8 hrs. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 11 - Drive from Thimphu to Paro. Overnight at a hotel.
- Day 12 - Transfer to international airport for your final departure.
The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. Our trip can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
NOTE: During the trip; weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factors, that are beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are necessary the leader will decide what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group. Where a change does occur, we do everything we can to minimize its effect, but we cannot be responsible for the results of changes or delays.
Book Bhutan Trip as early as possible
Druk Air, Bhutan’s national airline is the only airline to entre and exit Bhutan. The Druk air flight tickets sold out two to eight months in advance. We recommend you reserve your Bhutan trip as early as possible, so we can secure these flights for you.