- Trip Code: ATH332
- Country Visited: Bhutan
- Trip Start: Paro
- Trip Ends: Paro
- Trip Route: Paro-Thimpu-Punakha-Trongsa-Bumthang-Wangdue-Thimpu-Paro
- Trip Style: Guided Sightseeing and Festival tour
- Activity: Festival Tours
- Max. Altitude:
3200 m /10496 ft
- Group Size: Min. 1 pax pax
- Activity Per Day: Approximately 3 to 6 hrs of guided activities per day
- Trip Category: Bhutan Festival Tour
- Sightseeing in Paro, Thimpu, Trongsa, Bumthang, Wangdue and Taktsang Monastery (The Tiger's Nest)
- Trongsa Culture Festival activitie
The Tshechu is a festival honoring Guru Padmasambhava, "one who was born from a lotus flower." This Indian saint contributed enormously to the diffusion of Tantric Buddhism in the Himalayan regions of Tibet, Nepal, and Bhutan etc. around 800 AD. He is the founder of the Nyingmapa, the "old school" of Lamaism which still has numerous followers. The biography of Guru is highlighted by 12 episodes of the model of the Buddha Shakyamuni’s life. Each episode is commemorated around the year on the 10th day of the month by "the Tschechu". The dates and the duration of the festivals vary from one district to another but they always take place on or around the 10th day of the month according to the Bhutanese calendar. During Tshechus, the dances are performed by monks as well as by laymen. The Tshechu is a religious festival and by attending it, it is believed one gains merits. It is also a yearly social gathering where the people, dressed in all their finery, come together to rejoice.
- January 06- Arrive Paro (by Druk Air) and drive to Thimpu. Overnight at a hotel.
- January 07- Thimphu Sightseeing. Overnight at a hotel.
- January 08- Thimphu to Punakha. Overnight at a hotel.
- January 09- Punakha to Trongsa. Overnight at a hotel.
- January 10- Trongsa Festival. Overnight at a hotel.
- January 11- Trongsa to Bumthang. Overnight at a hotel.
- January 12- Sightseeing in Bumthang. Overnight at a hotel.
- January 13- Bumthang to Wangdue. Overnight at a hotel.
- January 14- Wangdue to Thimphu. Overnight at a hotel.
- January 15- Thimphu to Paro. Overnight at a hotel.
- January 16- Depart Paro (by Druk Air)
The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. Our trip can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
NOTE: During the trip; weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factors, that are beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are necessary the leader will decide what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group. Where a change does occur, we do everything we can to minimize its effect, but we cannot be responsible for the results of changes or delays.
Book Bhutan Trip as early as possible
Druk Air, Bhutan’s national airline is the only airline to entre and exit Bhutan. The Druk air flight tickets sold out two to eight months in advance. We recommend you reserve your Bhutan trip as early as possible, so we can secure these flights for you.