- Trip Code: ATH328
- Country Visited: Bhutan
- Trip Start: Paro
- Trip Ends: Paro
- Trip Route: Paro-Thimpu-Wangdue-Gangtey-Bumthang-Mongar-Trashigang-Bunthang-Wangdue-Thimpu-Paro
- Trip Style: Guided Sightseeing and Festival tour
- Activity: Festival Tours
- Max. Altitude:
3,400 m /11152 ft
- Group Size: Min. 1 pax pax
- Activity Per Day: Approximately 3 to 6 hrs of guided activities per day
- Trip Category: Bhutan Festival Tour
- Sightseeing in Paro, Thimphu, Punakha, Bumthang, Wangdue, Gangtey, Khaling.
- Taktsang Monastery (The Tiger's Nest)
- Mongar and Trashigang Festival activities
Mongar (1,700m) is the headquarters of the district of the same name and is little more than a stopping place between Bumthang and Trashigang, A tourist guest house offers basic amenities, a good view encompassing a large area and a lovely garden. Monger is also the first town in the mountains that is situated on a hillside rather than a valley.
Trashigang (1,150m) is the biggest urban center in the mountains, after Thimphu. The administrative and economic hub of Bhutan's most populous region, Trashigang is known for its woodwork and weaving. Trashigang also has an impressive dzong, from which the town takes its name. Built on spur in 1656 - 1659, overlooking the Gamri River, 400m below, its name aptly translates as "fortress of the auspicious mountain".
Itinerary Overview- 2013
- November 03- Arrival at Paro (by Druk Air) and drive to Thimphu. Overnight at a hotel.
- November 04- Thimphu sightseeing. Overnight at a hotel.
- November 05- Thimphu to Wangdue. Overnight at a hotel.
- November 06- Wangdu to Gangtey. Overnight at a hotel.
- November 07- Gangtey to Bumthang. Overnight at a hotel.
- November 08- Bumthang sightseeing. Overnight at a hotel.
- November 09- Bumthang to Mongar. Overnight at a hotel.
- November 10- Mongar Festival. Overnight at a hotel.
- November 11- Mongar to Trashigang. Overnight at a hotel.
- November 12- Trashigang Festival. Overnight at a hotel.
- November 13- Day excursion to Khaling. Overnight at a hotel.
- November 14- Trashigang to Bumthang. Overnight at a hotel.
- November 15- Bumthang to Wangdue. Overnight at a hotel.
- November 16- Wangdue to Thimphu. Overnight at a hotel.
- November 17- Excursion to Taktshang Monastery then drives to Paro. Overnight at a hotel.
- November 18- Departure from Paro
The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. Our trip can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
NOTE: During the trip; weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factors, that are beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are necessary the leader will decide what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group. Where a change does occur, we do everything we can to minimize its effect, but we cannot be responsible for the results of changes or delays.
Book Bhutan Trip as early as possible
Druk Air, Bhutan’s national airline is the only airline to entre and exit Bhutan. The Druk air flight tickets sold out two to eight months in advance. We recommend you reserve your Bhutan trip as early as possible, so we can secure these flights for you.