- Trip Code: ATH327
- Country Visited: Bhutan
- Trip Start: Paro
- Trip Ends: Paro
- Trip Route: Paro-Thimpu-Punakha-Bunthang-Wangdue-Gangtey-Paro
- Trip Style: Guided Sightseeing and Festival tour
- Activity: Festival Tours
- Max. Altitude:
3,400 m /11152 ft
- Group Size: Min. 1 pax pax
- Activity Per Day: Approximately 3 to 6 hrs of guided activities per day
- Trip Category: Bhutan Festival Tour
- Sightseeing in Paro, Thimphu, Punakha, Bumthang, Wangdue, Gangtey.
- Taktsang Monastery (The Tiger's Nest)
- Tangbi Mani Festival activities
Join the Tangbi Mani Festival Tour at Bumthang, one of the grandest festivals in Bhutan. The Bumthang Festivals are religious festivals where masks of glorious demonic demons and animals arouse your senses as you watch the purification take place. The intensity goes on. Your spirit will fly, your camera will snap away, and you will again be transported. We will join the local people for picnic lunch and games. Watch for the Atsara (clown) this dancer, unique in his own style, mimics dancers and entertains onlookers. Festival deities are invoked through benediction and luck is increased and misfortune gone. During the Bumthang Fesitval Tour you can witness various religious masked dances performed in the courtyards of the Dzongs of the area.
Itinerary Overview- 2013
- September 15- Arrival at Paro (by Druk Air) and transfer to Thimphu. Overnight at a hotel.
- September 16- Thimpu Sightseeing. Overnight at a hotel.
- September 17-Thimphu to Punakha. Overnight at a hotel.
- September 18- Punakha to Bumthang. Overnight at a hotel.
- September 19- Bumthang full day witness Tangbi Mani Festival. Overnight at a hotel.
- September 20- Bumthang excursion and sightseeing. Overnight at a hotel.
- September 21- Bumthang – Trongsa - Wangdue. Overnight at a hotel.
- September 22- Wangdue to Gangtey. Overnight at a hotel.
- September 23- Gangtey – Thimphu – Paro. Overnight at a hotel.
- September 24- Hike to Taktsang Monastery (Tiger’s nest) . Overnight at a hotel.
- September 25- Departure from Paro (by Druk Air)
The above information is a guide and standard template of what we provide. Our trip can be customized at your request to accommodate your specific requirements.
NOTE: During the trip; weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factors, that are beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are necessary the leader will decide what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group. Where a change does occur, we do everything we can to minimize its effect, but we cannot be responsible for the results of changes or delays.
Book Bhutan Trip as early as possible
Druk Air, Bhutan’s national airline is the only airline to entre and exit Bhutan. The Druk air flight tickets sold out two to eight months in advance. We recommend you reserve your Bhutan trip as early as possible, so we can secure these flights for you.